Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Golf Thread (2 Viewers)

Blakejc

Corporate Potato
Elite Member
I am going to Edinburgh next month and looking to play a few rounds. Can’t go to st Andrew’s but looking at some of the “lesser” courses like kilspindie, gullane, dunbar, etc. anyone been and have any recommendations?
If the big names are off the list, I’d play
Gullane no. 1 and Elie. Both are 7s. Crail- Balcomie and Dunbar next. Those are 6s. Kilsoindie next. It’s a 5. For a cool experience, Musselburgh Old Course. 9-holes inside a horse track and you can pop into a pub that’s adjacent to the 3rd or 4th hole and have a pint before finishing your round.

Pipehog69

Bench Warmer
Elite Member
If the big names are off the list, I’d play
Gullane no. 1 and Elie. Both are 7s. Crail- Balcomie and Dunbar next. Those are 6s. Kilsoindie next. It’s a 5. For a cool experience, Musselburgh Old Course. 9-holes inside a horse track and you can pop into a pub that’s adjacent to the 3rd or 4th hole and have a pint before finishing your round.
Nice, thank you. I was under the impression musselburgh old was private but maybe that’s royal musselburgh?

Blakejc

Corporate Potato
Elite Member
Nice, thank you. I was under the impression musselburgh old was private but maybe that’s royal musselburgh?
The website is complicated, but it’s open to the public. Should be like £20 or so. You’re better off calling the shop and talking to someone than navigating their website.

Skerz4Life50

Cornerback
Elite Member
AK with another 76. Now at +12 after 2 days and 9 shots behind the 2nd to last place player (+3).

Juro

Sarcastic Ass
Elite Member
Bounty Hunter
Got my first tee time of the season for this Friday!

Rodney Dangerfield Dancing GIF by Hollywood Suite

HCFord1

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
I probably need to switch out from my game improvement Sim 2 Max irons that I bought 3 years ago when I was first starting to play. I'm only about a 14 handicap and not a particularly long hitter, but I just am finding more and more that they absolutely fly when I make great contact, which is happening more often these days. I'm at the point now where I'd rather give up 10 yards or so of distance for more consistency to know where the ball will go when it's hit well.

Dr.DrakeRamoray

Wide Receiver
Insider
tPB OG
I probably need to switch out from my game improvement Sim 2 Max irons that I bought 3 years ago when I was first starting to play. I'm only about a 14 handicap and not a particularly long hitter, but I just am finding more and more that they absolutely fly when I make great contact, which is happening more often these days. I'm at the point now where I'd rather give up 10 yards or so of distance for more consistency to know where the ball will go when it's hit well.
You may want to stay in GI irons, are you shaping your shots? If so then you can look into an iron that’s more of a blade type. If not stay in GI

HCFord1

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
You may want to stay in GI irons, are you shaping your shots? If so then you can look into an iron that’s more of a blade type. If not stay in GI
I wouldn't be looking at blades I'm sure, but something more in the players distance category. I just want irons that give more feedback on quality of contact and where the ball doesn't come out so hot off the face randomly. I shouldn't have a 25 yard dispersion for how long my 8 iron will carry on a decent strike.

Dr.DrakeRamoray

Wide Receiver
Insider
tPB OG
I wouldn't be looking at blades I'm sure, but something more in the players distance category. I just want irons that give more feedback on quality of contact and where the ball doesn't come out so hot off the face randomly. I shouldn't have a 25 yard dispersion for how long my 8 iron will carry on a decent strike.
Titelist t200 is what I play, I would recommend them but as always a professional fitter will get you in what you need for your swing and game

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds