Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Golf Thread (2 Viewers)

BluesBucksNHuskers

Running Back
Elite Member
Let us know how you liked it, I thought it was more of a challenge than the Stadium course TBH but I'm a hack so...

It’s was a good track! The best part of my round was the kid I was paired with. He’s from Chicago and goes to college in Boulder which made this even better.

Here’s the list of reasons I sent my wife why he was a hot mess.

1. He kept getting super stressed about the group behind us even though we were a 2-some behind a long line of 4-somes, so he sprinted everywhere

2. He would bring 3 balls to every tee box, he’d put them all in a line and then tee up the first one. On about half the holes he’d go through all 3 and just say “Is it cool if I just play from your ball?” He probably lost 40 balls today at least.

3. He rented clubs, and lost 4 by the time our round was over. He just kept leaving them random places so by the end he was without a pitching wedge, 8 iron, 56* wedge and a 5 wood.

4. He kept “forgetting” it was cart path only and he’d just drive out somewhere, the cart would shut down and he’d have to go like 50 yards backwards

5. He wouldn’t bring along his putter to chip. So he’d sprint over to his ball with his wedge. Sprint back and swap out for his putter, then sprint back with his putter to putt.

6. He’d play from a different Tee Box every hole based on how scary it was. So if the hole looked easy in his mind he’d play from the tips. If there was 3 bunkers (regardless of how in play they were) and water he’d say “This one’s too hard for me, I’m going to go play from the front ones”.

This was the most entertaining round of my life. Half the time I’m just sitting back with a cigar and a coors light cracking up at this clown. And no he wasn’t mentally handicapped

I shot a solid 83, didn’t play great but putted really well so scored decent.

Last edited:

lee_carvallo_12

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Curious how you like them. My Mizuno's are 12 years old and I'm looking to upgrade this year or next.
Kind of hard to tell, since I haven’t played hardly at all. Played really bad on the front but better on the back. They started feeling really good the last few holes. Excited to keep working with them.

Interloper

Linebacker
Elite Member
It’s was a good track! The best part of my round was the kid I was paired with. He’s from Chicago and goes to college in Boulder which made this even better.

Here’s the list of reasons I sent my wife why he was a hot mess.

1. He kept getting super stressed about the group behind us even though we were a 2-some behind a long line of 4-somes, so he sprinted everywhere

2. He would bring 3 balls to every tee box, he’d put them all in a line and then tee up the first one. On about half the holes he’d go through all 3 and just say “Is it cool if I just play from your ball?” He probably lost 40 balls today at least.

3. He rented clubs, and lost 4 by the time our round was over. He just kept leaving them random places so by the end he was without a pitching wedge, 8 iron, 56* wedge and a 5 wood.

4. He kept “forgetting” it was cart path only and he’d just drive out somewhere, the cart would shut down and he’d have to go like 50 yards backwards

5. He wouldn’t bring along his putter to chip. So he’d sprint over to his ball with his wedge. Sprint back and swap out for his putter, then sprint back with his putter to putt.

6. He’d play from a different Tee Box every hole based on how scary it was. So if the hole looked easy in his mind he’d play from the tips. If there was 3 bunkers (regardless of how in play they were) and water he’d say “This one’s too hard for me, I’m going to go play from the front ones”.

This was the most entertaining round of my life. Half the time I’m just sitting back with a cigar and a coors light cracking up at this clown. And no he wasn’t mentally handicapped

I shot a solid 83, didn’t play great but putted really well so scored decent.
Holy shit, what a memorable round/clown show. Hope you are/were able to play stadium while you're there...and yeah when you're there to enjoy and relax, that had to be great comedy. lmao.

Buddy and I were paired with a couple of guys that were decent sticks but way too serious, so we kept it brief and cordial while they were focused and we were drinking at 9AM. Shot an 89 and was all over the place but like you putter was good...then played the stadium course in the afternoon and blew it up with a 97 since we were about a dozen drinks in by mid round. Plunked two into the water on 17 and took a 7...but came back the next day reasonably sober and shot 84, got par on 17 which was the goal of the entire trip. Hella fun time.

BluesBucksNHuskers

Running Back
Elite Member
Holy shit, what a memorable round/clown show. Hope you are/were able to play stadium while you're there...and yeah when you're there to enjoy and relax, that had to be great comedy. lmao.

Buddy and I were paired with a couple of guys that were decent sticks but way too serious, so we kept it brief and cordial while they were focused and we were drinking at 9AM. Shot an 89 and was all over the place but like you putter was good...then played the stadium course in the afternoon and blew it up with a 97 since we were about a dozen drinks in by mid round. Plunked two into the water on 17 and took a 7...but came back the next day reasonably sober and shot 84, got par on 17 which was the goal of the entire trip. Hella fun time.

I didnt get to play Stadium sadly, I had a surprise layover day since a meeting got pushed back a day and I just pulled up GolfNow and saw the valley course for pretty cheap and jumped on it.

Every last one of my range balls was hit on the range with my gap wedge attacking the pins on their #17 island on the range haha, not the same but at least gave me my fix.

Man, having the par on 17 is a golf story you'll have forever. It's badass you got to hit the stadium course twice.

lee_carvallo_12

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
@all - Can someone much younger than me explain sprinting to the hole after a hole in one? If I ever get another one, I sure as fuck ain't sprinting all the way to the hole. I'll drive my happy ass up there in the golf cart.

HCFord1

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
@all - Can someone much younger than me explain sprinting to the hole after a hole in one? If I ever get another one, I sure as fuck ain't sprinting all the way to the hole. I'll drive my happy ass up there in the golf cart.

I think being young and energetic and having just made albatross on camera has a lot to do with it.

Lfaller23

Defensive Lineman
Elite Member

If I we’re ever lucky enough to do something like that, I don’t think there’s much on gods green earth I’d be able to rule out that I wouldn’t do.

HCFord1

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
If I we’re ever lucky enough to do something like that, I don’t think there’s much on gods green earth I’d be able to rule out that I wouldn’t do.
The crazy thing is that dude is like a 5 handicap who’s made two holes in one on par 4s on camera in the past couple of years. Just insane luck.

lee_carvallo_12

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
I think being young and energetic and having just made albatross on camera has a lot to do with it.
That, but it’s just not this video. The new hole in one go-to is ditching your cart and clubs and running to the green full speed. Doesn’t seem to matter if it’s a 300yd or 75yd hole in one.

#HBD

Safety
Elite Member
That, but it’s just not this video. The new hole in one go-to is ditching your cart and clubs and running to the green full speed. Doesn’t seem to matter if it’s a 300yd or 75yd hole in one.
Any way we can go back in time to sprint out our respective albatross or hole-in-one moments?!

Lfaller23

Defensive Lineman
Elite Member
The crazy thing is that dude is like a 5 handicap who’s made two holes in one on par 4s on camera in the past couple of years. Just insane luck.
Yeah I’ve watched quite a bit of their stuff. Scharf is a good dude, goofy as fuck, but a good dude.

HCFord1

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
Yeah I’ve watched quite a bit of their stuff. Scharf is a good dude, goofy as fuck, but a good dude.
Yeah him and Bubby seem like they are just genuinely good, positive people.

#HBD

Safety
Elite Member
Albatross on a par five is way more impressive than hole in one (or two hole in one’s). If I ever made an albatross I’d work it into every golf conversation.
What if I allow you to work my albatross into every conversation given you were there for it?

BradWesley

Cornerback
Elite Member
Albatross on a par five is way more impressive than hole in one (or two hole in one’s). If I ever made an albatross I’d work it into every golf conversation.
One of my fondest memories…sitting on the 17th green at The International with my dad. And Jim Gallagher Jr, rolled in an Albatross.

/cool story

Edit. I found it! 4:15 Mark

Last edited:

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds