Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Golf Thread (3 Viewers)

herbsinator

Running Back
Elite Member
3 is pretty quick for a foursome. But 3.5 is reasonable and it should never be more than 4.
I think it depends on the course, but 4 good golfers walking with caddies can definitely get around in 3ish at my club without feeling like you’re rushing.

Can do 2:30-2:45ish for 18 holes solo with a cart if it’s not too busy.

That SOB Van Owen

In Mombasa drinkin’ gin
Elite Member
tPB OG
I think it depends on the course, but 4 good golfers walking with caddies can definitely get around in 3ish at my club without feeling like you’re rushing.

Well I’m not that good lol.

I can get around in 2:30 walking if I’m playing solo and the course is open tho.

Southendzonehusker

Defensive Lineman
Elite Member

Slow play has nothing to do with skill. Some of the fastest golfers I know are double digit handicaps. They are just aware of their surroundings and are ready to hit when it’s their turn. 4 hours max on a round. Doesn’t matter if you are walking or riding.

Blakejc

Corporate Potato
Elite Member
A round of golf should never take more than 3 hours IMO
American golf should never take more than 4 hours, but I like your style.

The etiquette at places like Prestwick and Rye (exclusively foursomes) is a 3 hour round. Anything slower and you’ll be called out or reprimanded for slow play. Gotta love links golf.

lee_carvallo_12

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
A round of golf should never take more than 3 hours IMO

He’s a good man then

Slow play ranks right up there with left lane interstate cruisers.
My issue is that people are seemingly fine playing 5+ hour rounds. No sense of urgency to play any faster than that.

@#HBD and I play in 2.5 at our normal pace, not rushing at all, so when people are casually playing at 5hr pace while being completely oblivious to what’s happening around them… that fucks me off.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds