Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Breaking Glenn Thomas Official N (5 Viewers)

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG

FOOTBALLSCOOP​

Matt Rhule bringing back former assistant from NFL to coach Nebraska quarterbacks​

Glenn Thomas will become one of the most important people in Nebraska football the moment he steps foot in the building.
Pittsburgh Steelers offensive assistant Glenn Thomas is expected to return to college as Nebraska's quarterbacks coach, according to multiple reports on Tuesday.
Thomas spent five seasons coaching quarterbacks for Matt Rhule at Temple from 2015-19. He also coached quarterbacks for the Atlanta Falcons before joining Rhule's staff at Temple.
With the move, Marcus Satterfield will remain in his role as offensive coordinator while transitioning to tight ends coach.

Thomas instantly becomes one of the most important people in Nebraska football from the moment he steps foot in the building.
Nebraska has not won lately because it hasn't scored enough points, and it hasn't scored enough points because it hasn't had good enough quarterback play.
The Cornhuskers finished 129th of 133 teams in passing efficiency en route to their 5-7 record in Rhule's debut season. Prior seasons saw Nebraska finish out of the top 40 in all but one season dating back to 2009, and often in the bottom half of FBS.

Thomas will be charged with developing Dylan Raiola, the most important recruit in program history.

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Yeah our special teams weren’t good enough to give up an on the field spot this year. However I guess one could say that’s why we need an on the field ST Coach
This is where I'm at.

We already did the ST analyst thing and it was a massive failure. I feel like we still need that ST coach ON FIELD in 2024. We're not good enough there to start taking shortcuts.

If you have Dana friggin Holgorsen on deck to be Co OC/playcaller....then yes you move Foley to analyst. But man I would not feel good about our STs. And since we're Nebraska, every game has to come down to a FG at the end.

It's a tough call. I'm not excited about losing an onfield ST coach.

Fargo Husker

Quarterback
Elite Member
I think when they said Martin is an offensive analyst, it means he took the offensive analyst slot created by Ellsworth's departure and he is not returning to STs. He would work with the TEs in Ellsworth's former slot.
I hadn't read any reports at this point and didn't realize Martin had already been officially bumped back to an offensive analyst.

Either way, the dream still lives on.

cwessel76

Run The Damn Ball
Elite Member
tPB OG

Have we considered the idea of bringing on Pringle Can to coach the special teams? @HuskerDocCo

thowback wow GIF

Papa...Football

3rd Gen Teller of Bad Dad Jokes
Elite Member

I’m so confused…isn’t our OC Marcus Satterfield? Or did Thamel graduate from the Dean Skuul of Journelism?

Edit: dammit Thamel must have deleted his post as I was typing. Shoulda screen shot it. It said Scott Satterfield would remain OC and be TE coach.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
Now bring in Holgorson as Offensive Czar/Destroyer of Defenses and watch the wins roll in.
Why would Holgorsen come here to be an analyst? He has to have a lot better options doesn’t he, or is it because he is going to get paid from his last coaching gig anyways?

Last edited:

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
Why would Holgorsen come here to be an analyst? He has to have a lt better options doesn’t he, or is it because he is going to get paid from his last coaching gig anyways?
Stay around the game with less responsibility while he waits for his next gig.

2010sarenevercoming

5 Star Punter
Elite Member
Why would Holgorsen come here to be an analyst? He has to have a lt better options doesn’t he, or is it because he is going to get paid from his last coaching gig anyways?
There are a ton of great coaches with better opportunities who are working as analysts either for the experience, location, because the job they want isn't open, etc.

Heck, Jim Leonhard could be a 2 million dollar DC somewhere, but he spent the last year as an analyst at freaking Illinois.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds