Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Fuck Purdue game thread (1 Viewer)

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
Every decent offense we've played has absolutely shredded us. Warning signs should have been flashing all over when we gave up 350 to fucking Rutgers. @HerbRedman shut down that conversation last week though. 🤡
I mean the warning sign was when we couldn't shut down a turible NW team and then got gaped by GA Southern. Now you've got Billy Busch with 2 bandaids and 3 weekends of learning at the local community college trying to patch up a guy who took a shotgun to the chest

Mavsker

Big Ten referee
tPB OG
I mean the warning sign was when we couldn't shut down a turible NW team and then got gaped by GA Southern. Now you've got Billy Busch with 2 bandaids and 3 weekends of learning at the local community college trying to patch up a guy who took a shotgun to the chest
There have been lots of warning signs, I just pointed to last week because last week most of this board thought we were the 85 Bears when we were just playing a dogshit offense.

Defense is way too slow. Busch could be a defensive mastermind, doesn't change the fact that we are way too slow and this isn't new information.

LoudHogRider

Yells at Clouds
Elite Member
tPB OG
There have been lots of warning signs, I just pointed to last week because last week most of this board thought we were the 85 Bears when we were just playing a dogshit offense.

Defense is way too slow. Busch could be a defensive mastermind, doesn't change the fact that we are way too slow and this isn't new information.
At one point in the game - probably after Purdue converted yet another third down - I looked at Mrs LHR & opined, “I honestly don’t think this is on the coaches anymore. I think it’s on the kids. They’re just not very good players compared to the other Big Ten teams. We’re in real trouble for the rest of the year.”

Then I threw a (mental) brick or two at the general direction of the tv screen. Probably.

slattimer

Quarterback
Insider
GIF Master
tPB OG
Was at wedding for the brother in law a few weeks ago. Watched the game on my phone and danced while holding my phone over the ole lady’s shoulder and continued watching. Made the dancing tolerable
This place was pretty sweet. Had a side suite at the reception. Sat there with a lot of family members and watched the whole game.

aBgRdFn

Linebacker
Elite Member
Because we suck and are stupid. I’m drunk and at a wedding. Sorry. Donny have much.
Is it S&C making the team so damn slow? Or scheme or what? Bad recruiting? Serious question

Edit to include all the above

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Solid metaphor

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
Is it S&C making the team so damn slow? Or scheme or what? Bad recruiting? Serious question

Edit to include all the above
Communication is bad. You can tell how they routinely leave blitzes or stunts and give up free runners.

They also have some guys like Anthony/Turner who I don't think have the foot speed to play OT. That I think they are OGs.

We also don't do a ton to help them scheme wise. Very little QB run, very little option (RPO, ZR, speed),etc....

Bootleg11

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member

disapprove my life GIF

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Every decent offense we've played has absolutely shredded us. Warning signs should have been flashing all over when we gave up 350 to fucking Rutgers. @HerbRedman shut down that conversation last week though. 🤡
I have no idea what you're talking about. I predicted Purdue would shred us tonight 38-14. Only thing I was wrong about was NU's big plays. Other than that, Purdue's offense did exactly what I predicted it would do.

I am assuming you're confusing me w someone else.

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
“I honestly don’t think this is on the coaches anymore. I think it’s on the kids. They’re just not very good players compared to the other Big Ten teams.
I've said this since literally 30 sec after Frost got fired. This applies to the OL and most of the defense.

Raiola is not the right guy for OL coach, but that this point that is irrelevant. We have the worst OL talent in all of P5. Same goes for Busch - there just isn't much more he can do (than he's already doing).

Frost opting to take a year off from recruiting AND losing 50% of our top guys on the roster to attrition has caught up with us this year.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds