Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Frost fired, Chinander named interim, maybe (1 Viewer)

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Never understood the firing midseason unless you're considering one of the assistants taking over. I don't think there's any chance of making Chin head coach.

Saudi_aurora

2nd Place - Inaugural tPB Gif Tournament
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Honestly, it would make more sense to me if the Journal Star or OWH came out with a breaking article, with sources, on how the fix is in from refs and the league to fuck Neb. That makes more sense than a guy making 5 mil per year, in year 4, being this shitty at his job.

ChocaEgg

Ghost of Kiev 👻
Elite Member
Never understood the firing midseason unless you're considering one of the assistants taking over. I don't think there's any chance of making Chin head coach.
I don't think firing him midseason is a good, or even realistic move. Absolutely have to fire him at the end of the year though.

lee_carvallo_12

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Call me crazy, but I think Frost can get it done with the right assistants. Our defense is right where it needs to be. Do whatever you need to do to keep all those guys on staff. Get rid of Austin, Harry Potter, and Held. I’m not even opposed to keeping Lubick. Haven’t minded the play calling for the most part, plus it frees Frost up to do the things he needs to do throughout the course of the game instead of having his head constantly buried in the play sheet. Bring in some guys that have done it and are proven at this level. A couple ace recruiters would be nice too. I’m as frustrated as everyone else and maybe I need to take off the rose colored glasses, but I’m not ready to give up on the Frost experiment quite yet. GBR!!!

I don’t think we have a choice at this point. I personally don’t see Frost going anywhere after this season so we might as well give our full support and hope he can get this thing turned around
With all due respect, fuck all of the above.

kenyanfeline

Pussy Patrol
Insider
Elite Member
He’s not getting fired after this year unless we finish 4-8 or worse. Which I suppose could easily happen but I think we still somehow squeak out 6.

I would guess our off-season looks something like this:

-Mario moves on.
-Austin is replaced.
-Hire a full time special teams coach using Marios open spot.
-Frost coaches QB’s.

God is a Husker

Pussy Posse
tPB OG
Boys need to put the booze down

Turd Alberts ain’t firing anybody middle of the season. Especially after your dog shit team just lost back to back road games vs ranked teams. And they should have won both.

Callahan/Riley getting blown out by bad teams and didn’t get fired mid season.

Y’all be tripping with thinking Turd is firing anybody mid season

BIG TONE SOPRANO

Really Big Truck
Elite Member

Turd Alberts ain’t firing anybody middle of the season. Especially after your dog shit team just lost back to back road games vs ranked teams. And they should have won both.

$5MM year year for a coach a averaging 3.5 wins per year. What a great deal!!

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
He’s not getting fired after this year unless we finish 4-8 or worse. Which I suppose could easily happen but I think we still somehow squeak out 6.

-Mario moves on.
-Austin is replaced.
-Frost coaches QB’s.
What’s the real difference between 4-5 wins. Both are horrible in year 4 when the BIG west is wide open. Finishing below 3rd place in the division will be a big failure.

Strongarm517

Defensive Lineman
Is it possible to renegotiate his contract at the end of this year based on results? Didn’t harbaugh take a pay cut?
the team is better although still finding ridiculous ways to lose. So Give some more ultimatums, making it easier and cheaper to get rid of him next year if need be. He doesn’t want to fail.

BIG TONE SOPRANO

Really Big Truck
Elite Member
Is it possible to renegotiate his contract at the end of this year based on results? Didn’t harbaugh take a pay cut?
the team is better although still finding ridiculous ways to lose. So Give some more ultimatums, making it easier and cheaper to get rid of him next year if need be. He doesn’t want to fail.
He clearly wants to fail. Look at his staff lol

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
Why would he renegotiate?

HCFord1

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG

People are acting like a bunch of mongos on here lately. Everything you said is 100% spot on and is why anyone acting like Frost returning/being fired is a foregone conclusion is full of shit. Like it or not, if this season ends with positive momentum Frost will be retained.

Havoc34

Clit Commander
Elite Member

-Mario moves on.
-Austin is replaced.
-Frost coaches QB’s.
Wouldn’t be surprised to see this happen, just surprised it would take this long. Most of us have been saying these things need to happen for 2 seasons. Pretty sad that a coach making that much money needs an AD to tell him how to structure his staff because he’s a stubborn asshole.

BIG TONE SOPRANO

Really Big Truck
Elite Member
Wouldn’t be surprised to see this happen, just surprised it would take this long. Most of us have been saying these things need to happen for 2 seasons. Pretty sad that a coach making that much money needs an AD to tell him how to structure his staff because he’s a stubborn asshole.
Spot on. Husker fans think if Turd babysits him he will turn into Saban. I hate our fan base

HCFord1

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Nobody was yelling for Austin to be fired two years ago. He was recruiting well and the OL seemed to be improving (minus snapping issues). There’s a reason he got a raise, promotion to run game coord., and fans were happy with it.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
People are acting like a bunch of mongos on here lately. Everything you said is 100% spot on and is why anyone acting like Frost returning/being fired is a foregone conclusion is full of shit. Like it or not, if this season ends with positive momentum Frost will be retained.
What would you call positive momentum?

Havoc34

Clit Commander
Elite Member
Nobody was yelling for Austin to be fired two years ago. He was recruiting well and the OL seemed to be improving (minus snapping issues). There’s a reason he got a raise, promotion to run game coord., and fans were happy with it.
Ok so minus 1 of the 4 items listed, my bad? Lol. Point still stands frost has been getting too much runway to learn on the job and now getting more because Turd is somehow going to set it straight? I think it’s wishful thinking these things would even make a difference at this point

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds