Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Breaking Scott Frost is fired (1 Viewer)

HCFord1

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
I imagine it's going to be like the USC firing of Clay Helton (oh the irony) and having Donte Williams finish the season as interim head coach. Nobody thought it was Donte's job to lose. He was just a place holder until a big name hire.
I remember Stormy arguing with me that Money Team’s career had a huge upward trajectory since he left (read: got fired) Nebraska because he was, at the time, the head coach at USC.

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
My thing is, we're gonna need that extra $7.5m to bring in an elite HC. If the boosters stepped up to pay the full $15m when they could have waited 3 weeks to pay just $7.5m, that's up to them I guess.

All we've been hearing for last 3 yrs is how the "boosters are tapped out" and "Alberts is having to beg for $$ to get the FB facility paid for" etc... if the boosters just came up with extra $7.5m magically then good for them. I figured we'd need that to bring in a top HC and pay him $8m-10m/yr
I haven't heard Boosters are tapped out, quite the opposite. Boosters weren't willing to write checks because they were tired of fighting the TC and the shit show that was Coach Frost. Also put checkbooks away when it came to NIL because his BFF Gerrod at ABM was unimpressive plus they didn't trust him. A couple boosters went to Turd with check books to help offset the Buyout for Frost last season but were overruled by the Peeds and TO. The TC scared away the boosters who saw the bullshit that was going on with the politics and how the program was run.

Last edited:

Black5hirt

Offensive Lineman
tPB OG
I haven't heard Boosters are tapped out, quite the opposite. Boosters weren't willing to write checks because they were tired of fighting the TC and the shit show that was Coach Frost. Also put checkbooks away when it came to NIL because his BFF Gerrod at ABM was unimpressive plus they didn't trust him. A couple boosters went to Turd with check books to help offset the Buyout for Frost last season but were overruled by the Peeds and TO. The TC scared away the boosters who saw the bullshit that was going on with the politics and how the program was run.
Sounds about right

Bootleg11

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
Talked a buddy of mine down in Texas that has some ties to...well all the Big 12 schools in Texas. He said he'd be surprised if Aranda would want the job. Said his personality is not suited for the fish bowl in Lincoln.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds