Welcome to the forum 👋, Visitor

To access the forum content and all our services, you must register or log in to the forum. Becoming a member of the forum is completely free.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Friday night open chat

We thinking like 2018 Adrian or what was supposed to be 2019 Adrian?
Well I think Martinez made some big improvements in his game. Short passing accuracy, getting to 2nd and 3rd reads, being smart with the ball in passing, etc...

So just doing some horse math here...

Who is better at X, Morgan or Toure? I think I take Toure.
Who is better at slot, JD or Brown/Nixon/Martin? JD for now.
Who is better at Z, Mike Williams/Warner or Betts/Manning? Betts and Manning. Not even close.
Who is better at TE, Stoll or Allen/Vokeleck/Findone? Allen/Vokoleck/Fidone not even close.
Who is better at RB, Ozigbo/Washington or Stepp/Crew? Tough not to go with Oz and Mo.
Who is better at OL, 2018 or 2021? Push maybe 18. We need the OL to be middle of the road with this scheme.

I think Martinez is better in 21 vs 18 by a long ways.

Martinez's 2018 numbers....
1616814844062.png

It wouldn't surprise me if you see INTs down significantly. See completion percentage around 70%. Yards should be up. TDs should be up.

Do you know if Lexi Sun has a boyfriend? What about Lauren Stirvens?

Is John Cook going to be the next AD?

Who will start at OLB in 2021? What about 2022?

No I don't, but has that ever stopped a platinum board member?

Sure seems like it makes a lot of sense.

JMO OLB in 2021 will be like a bullpen in baseball. Where we end up playing matchups. Pass rush group, where they need to play in space, vs the 21/22 personnel teams, etc...

If I had to guess the 2 guys who play the most will be Jojo and Tannor. I can tell you I want to see Henrich starting with Jojo.

They have something like 30 scholarship LBs so they have plenty of options.

What’s more likely to happen?

Toure lights the world on fire OR we end the season saying “man if we could have just gotten toure the ball”

wow Betts really took a step forward OR next year is the year for Betts

The Manning hype is real wow! OR what a waste of time on Manning

Nixon and alante really gave us some production OR we still don’t have a fucking person to throw the ball to

Well I think Martinez made some big improvements in his game. Short passing accuracy, getting to 2nd and 3rd reads, being smart with the ball in passing, etc...

So just doing some horse math here...

Who is better at X, Morgan or Toure? I think I take Toure.
Who is better at slot, JD or Brown/Nixon/Martin? JD for now.
Who is better at Z, Mike Williams/Warner or Betts/Manning? Betts and Manning. Not even close.
Who is better at TE, Stoll or Allen/Vokeleck/Findone? Allen/Vokoleck/Fidone not even close.
Who is better at RB, Ozigbo/Washington or Stepp/Crew? Tough not to go with Oz and Mo.
Who is better at OL, 2018 or 2021? Push maybe 18. We need the OL to be middle of the road with this scheme.

I think Martinez is better in 21 vs 18 by a long ways.

Martinez's 2018 numbers....
View attachment 2409

It wouldn't surprise me if you see INTs down significantly. See completion percentage around 70%. Yards should be up. TDs should be up.
Ease up on the kool-aid. It can turn into full blown aids.

Toure lights the world on fire OR we end the season saying “man if we could have just gotten toure the ball”
Toure has a 1k ish type season. I mean surely things start going right eventually.

wow Betts really took a step forward OR next year is the year for Betts
Betts is the Roby of this Nebraska team. Does he really know how good he can be?

I think Toure has helped in setting the tone for the room and Betts is a kid that will benefit here.
The Manning hype is real wow! OR what a waste of time on Manning
He is still here. If was a waste or a bad part of the team he would be gone. That being said, I need to see it from Manning before I get excited.
Nixon and alante really gave us some production OR we still don’t have a fucking person to throw the ball to
I need to see it from Nixon. I really like him though. Coaches kid (damn good coach) who is very good with fundamentals, physically impressive, etc.... but this is his first year back from an injury.

Brown reminds me a ton of DPE physically, but lacks vision and feel in the return game. He needs to catch the ball as well.

Bottom line is I feel we have the WRs and QB to be successful in the passing game. Need to see the OL develop and keep Martinez healthy.

Ease up on the kool-aid. It can turn into full blown aids.
I mean Toure is projected as a draft pick right now. Stanley didn't get drafted. Now being projected and getting drafted are different, but say they are a push.

You now have Williams and Warner vs Betts and Manning. Shit Betts alone should be better.

JD is better than all our slot options unless somebody breaks open.

TE is better

RB is going to be tough to be better.

OL will be close

The biggest areas where I see drops between the two are Washington and JD, but then you gain a ton in TE and next WR on the edge.

I keep telling myself we are Nebraska and cant have nice things.

Saw Lexi on tinder one time and shot my shot, but to no avail. Seems chicks don’t dig 5’9 guys living in rural Nebraska with no farm land. Biiiiiig RIP.

In other news, I just finished bartending a fucking insane night and am enjoying a Big Wave. Exhausted AF but had to check the board!

Saw Lexi on tinder one time and shot my shot, but to no avail. Seems chicks don’t dig 5’9 guys living in rural Nebraska with no farm land. Biiiiiig RIP.

In other news, I just finished bartending a fucking insane night and am enjoying a Big Wave. Exhausted AF but had to check the board!
Pretty common these days for vball players to date Fball players:
Kubik - Brant Banks
Hames - Chris Hickman
Caffey - the TE from Mizzou that plays for the Broncos
Kenzie Maloney - Tyler Hoppes
Everyone else on the vball team - Martinez

Pretty common these days for vball players to date Fball players:
Kubik - Brant Banks
Hames - Chris Hickman
Caffey - the TE from Mizzou that plays for the Broncos
Kenzie Maloney - Tyler Hoppes
Everyone else on the vball team - Martinez
You’re saying Martinez is banging Lexi and Lauren

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Picture grid mode

You can control the structure where you can open/close images in the grid forum list.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

Close radius

You can use the radius at the corners of the blocks according to your taste by closing/opening it.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Backgrounds are not available!

Background checks are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Back