Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Friday evening drinking thread (2 Viewers)

Johannes de Silentio

Safety
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
I hope everyone is easing into the weekend with some anxiety about Wanda Dale followed by rage at that idiot pyrocy and amusement about RSS goobers getting pissed about @lee_carvallo_12 doing some wonderful HTO trolling. In any event, I am having a delicious Cognac Sponge bottling of a Grosperrin 1969 Petite Champagne while re-watching the Rutgers game to get excited about that young boy Turner Corocran:

1610146598500.png

huskermack

Offensive
Elite Member
tPB OG
My in-laws arrived here today.
We're going to a cabin in Talkeetna for a four day weekend.
I'll be consuming my medicine the entire weekend.
Starting the moment I get there.

Johannes de Silentio

Safety
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Switched over to Scotch now with this 2008 Cardhu 11 yo that was part of Diageo's 2020 Special Releases. I tried it once after opening the bottle a week or so ago, but I'm now doing a review since the bottle has had time to relax a little:

1610156364266.png

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Switched over to Scotch now with this 2008 Cardhu 11 yo that was part of Diageo's 2020 Special Releases. I tried it once after opening the bottle a week or so ago, but I'm now doing a review since the bottle has had time to relax a little:

View attachment 1367
When you say you're "doing a review". Do you get paid to do these or is it like when I do a review of POTD?

Johannes de Silentio

Safety
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
When you say you're "doing a review". Do you get paid to do these or is it like when I do a review of POTD?
The latter. Very, very few people get paid to review whisky. Most of the better ones are amateurs who, at most, get free samples and shit like that.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
The thing in common with all 3 is they taste very beersy. The first one was more pilserny. 2nd one was more pale alesy and the 3rd is super rosenheimy with hints of pilsner and ale.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
The thing in common with all 3 is they taste very beersy. The first one was more pilserny. 2nd one was more pale alesy and the 3rd is super rosenheimy with hints of pilsner and ale.
German/Austrian beer hits me as kinda meh. Which is great because I have a job interview for a job in Austria on Monday

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds