Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Nebraska-Illinois Friday Night Game (1 Viewer)

Scott Hall

Linebacker
Elite Member
You may be referring to my post. And that was in reference to 2017 when the Big Ten started playing Friday night games, but they were only on FS1 and BTN. Now that actual Fox is airing the games, I had mentioned that would likely change things and they may be able to force a lot of the teams that had previously said no to hosting them, to actually have to host them. That turns out to be true. In 2017, OSU, PSU, Michigan, Michigan State, Wisconsin, and Nebraska all said no for sure, and Cockeye may have also been one that said no.
Cornicator said it earlier this week. He was wrong per usual

huskerj12

Wide Receiver
tPB OG
Bummer for the people who follow/play high school football, and for the sake of recruiting visits, but maybe it'll free up some tickets for fans like me who would love some more ticket availability and don't follow high school sports. It'll all even out and be a sellout either way.

HCFord1

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
I also stated that those schools may no longer be able to say no with the recent uptick in media share. And that's correct. In fact, all Big Ten teams will now have to appear on Friday nights at least twice during a two year rotation.
So we should expect Penn St, Ohio St, and Michigan to each have two Friday night games next season?

vailhusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Dean saying this game should be the 400th consecutive sell out. First conference home opener since 2017.

Juro

Sarcastic Ass
Elite Member
Bounty Hunter
Dean saying this game should be the 400th consecutive sell out. First conference home opener since 2017.
If it is the 400th consecutive sell out, I would have argued with that and say no to the Friday night game.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
Deans being quite the bitch in his comments to people about Friday nights being for high school games. Pretty annoying. Don’t even try to understand where people are coming from and just play the “it’s the smart” move to move games. Once again. Proving he’s an out of touch putz.
What a strange man

TripleOption

Bench Warmer
Yes. My bad. And I also think the UTEP game has a chance at a 7 pm kickoff on BTN.

Can we also add its about fucking time that Illinois has to come and play an actual difficult game at Nebraska? Let's think about this for a minute:

2018 - Illinois plays at Nebraska in an 11 am game in front of maybe 60,000 fans during year one of the Frost regime.
2020 - Ilinois plays at Nebraska in an empty covid stadium.
2022 - Illinois plays at Nebraska at 11 am in front of maybe 60,000 fans total after two weeks of misery in Lincoln during the Mickey Joseph days following a loss at Purdue.

There are two teams that haven't had to face any type of adversity in Lincoln for years:

Illinois and Minnesota.

Fuck em.
Agreed. But, it’s not really all their fault. Nebraska has sucked.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds