Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Football IQ check (1 Viewer)

slattimer

Quarterback
Insider
GIF Master
tPB OG
I'm actually Scott Satterfield just want to make sure this board is legit.

For real tho my original take was that the read for the QB with out knowing coverage would be YZFX going high to low on the strong side and then back to weak side. As soon as the QB see's cover 2 that would theoretically take Y & Z out of the play as Y will be covered by the safety shading to the numbers deep and Z taken out by Corner in the flat. His read then would then first be F deep in the seam between the safeties, if that's not there then hope X is clear of the linebackers on the drag. 3rd option is QB scramble, 4th option is throw it away to the sideline.
Smash (Y/Z combo) is good vs cover 2. The corner will win vs the high safety. He has to adjust his path based on leverage. But that’s a win route. The key is the corner depth. Can you fit it in there or not. If not. Then the whip is the throw.

Bootleg11

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
Smash (Y/Z combo) is good vs cover 2. The corner will win vs the high safety. He has to adjust his path based on leverage. But that’s a win route. The key is the corner depth. Can you fit it in there or not. If not. Then the whip is the throw.
To add to this..

We teach our corner to sink and make the the QB throw to the flats. In cover 2 our rules with our corner is as long as #2 is vertical your vertical. Generally HS routes break at 10 yards so Vs a smash that means my CB should be vertical for 10 and then when he sees corner he just sinks.

Vs cover 2 the corners route is taught to flatten towards the aideline vs that over the top safety. A corner sinking under that makes the throw really tough. If you don’t sink the CB vs Smash in cover 2 you’re in trouble.

Milo-of-Croton

Cornerback
Elite Member
On the left side, the receivers vacate. There is one thing missing from this play...tackle eligible. Slide that big boy out into the flat and you are talking 6 here.

betsch

Safety
Triangle read for the qb. Hi/Lo the corner with the drag coming into the QBs vision. So corner to whip to drag. But if you’re getting cover 2. QB better be throwing the corner at a max of 25 yards OB unless the corner is being a real butthole and playing the corner and looking to rally the whip. Drag access is good late as long as the drag can clear the LB.
That's my answer too.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds