Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Football IQ check (2 Viewers)

Blakejc

Corporate Potato
Elite Member
I do not know my shit. And what a dumb litmus test for a football message board.

SlumpBuster

Cornerback
Elite Member
There's probably 37 other variables not described in the OP (and thus several right answers), but it looks to me like you have a potential rub on the *left slot...can't read the letter) and the X. I would guess you'd watch the safety and see if he follows the X down (or goes for the run fake) then go over top (and if the 2nd safety comes over then you have Y). If that's not there then I'm going Z/Y. X is probably last minute option once he gets past the middle LB.

EDIT: QB is rolling right and the left guard is pulling, so that might reverse the order of things.

Bootleg11

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
Seriously though I think there's more than 1 right answer here. Also this diagram drives me crazy because the QB doesn't have enough depth and that backside square in should be more of a climb or drag. @slattimer we still pulling backside guard on bootlegs, I kind of like the whole OL selling out on zone step to the left there and washing everybody down.

With a full roll a lot of coaches would say what I call a squirrel route as 1, backside drag 2, backside post 3.

If the QB did a half roll instead of what appears to be a full roll, I'd say that backside post is #1, front side corner #2, backside drag #3, squirrel #4 aka outlet

Will a full roll some would do the opposite of the first option: corner #1, drag #2 squirrel #3.

As a defensive coach, I'm just hoping that back doesn't run a wheel out of the backside and my corner is out there chasing backside post

cwessel76

Run The Damn Ball
Elite Member
tPB OG
Seriously though I think there's more than 1 right answer here. Also this diagram drives me crazy because the QB doesn't have enough depth and that backside square in should be more of a climb or drag. @slattimer we still pulling backside guard on bootlegs, I kind of like the whole OL selling out on zone step to the left there and washing everybody down.

With a full roll a lot of coaches would say what I call a squirrel route as 1, backside drag 2, backside post 3.

If the QB did a half roll instead of what appears to be a full roll, I'd say that backside post is #1, front side corner #2, backside drag #3, squirrel #4 aka outlet

Will a full roll some would do the opposite of the first option: corner #1, drag #2 squirrel #3.

As a defensive coach, I'm just hoping that back doesn't run a wheel out of the backside and my corner is out there chasing backside post
My guess is that the back is covering for the pulling guard but I could be wrong.

Pepe Silvia

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
I'm going to say the X is the primary read, since the deep safety should go with the Y and the CB should pick up the Z

Y is the second read

not sure about #3. maybe the Z

Red Finger

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
1. Z, 2. X, 3. Y?

I’d think the play action is what makes 1. Z, 2. X possible in the order.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds