Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

First day of Spring Practice (1 Viewer)

Cornicator

Cornerback
Insider
I would say bust in general. Several schools were recruiting Carnie. When Cockeye offered him, felt like he was worth the scholarship.

With that said, a healthy Fidone and Gilbert says the fuck depth chart this year.

Carnie's exit has less to do with the presence of Fidone and Gilbert than it has to do with Carnie himself.

The kid was listed as 230 lbs on the roster, and that was a hilarious fabrication. The kid is like a lean 215 tops.

InTheDeed

Defensive Lineman
Elite Member
Kinda hate to say it but Nash doesn’t look like a bulked up ball of muscle anymore, looks athletic in that still shot of his torso and head
Lines up with what I heard about him recently from someone who knows him through South Dakota. He said he’s dropped 20+ pounds and feels like he has his wrestling quickness back.

Just start engraving the trophies now.

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
Lines up with what I heard about him recently from someone who knows him through South Dakota. He said he’s dropped 20+ pounds and feels like he has his wrestling quickness back.

Just start engraving the trophies now.
Going to make an assumption based on what I know defensively here. Obviously 3-4 you want the bigger NT, bulked up Nash, with a slimmer Nash, I'm assuming there will be more 4-3 from now on then. If this is true, I'm a fan.

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Going to make an assumption based on what I know defensively here. Obviously 3-4 you want the bigger NT, bulked up Nash, with a slimmer Nash, I'm assuming there will be more 4-3 from now on then. If this is true, I'm a fan.
I am a bit out of my depth here for sure, but in Tony White's version of the Rocky Long 3-3-5 I thought the 3 DL were smaller and quicker than in a traditional 3-man front. They are supposed to be attacking, not gap fillers, and they are often flowing to one side or the other. The defense was developed to help teams that couldn't get big, elite DL. But as I said, I am not a football technical guy, so I could be wrong.

KidsSeeGhosts

Quarterback
Elite Member
I am a bit out of my depth here for sure, but in Tony White's version of the Rocky Long 3-3-5 I thought the 3 DL were smaller and quicker than in a traditional 3-man front. They are supposed to be attacking, not gap fillers, and they are often flowing to one side or the other. The defense was developed to help teams that couldn't get big, elite DL. But as I said, I am not a football technical guy, so I could be wrong.

Based on the interview from McGahee (guy on campus yesterday) we're recruiting him to play Jack (LB/DL hybrid). I don't think we're going to see a true Rocky Long 3-3-5 but more of a hybrid w/ a multiple front.

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
Sooooooooooo Nash is just in better shape then

slattimer

Quarterback
Insider
GIF Master
tPB OG
Based on the interview from McGahee (guy on campus yesterday) we're recruiting him to play Jack (LB/DL hybrid). I don't think we're going to see a true Rocky Long 3-3-5 but more of a hybrid w/ a multiple front.
This my personal guess. People will be in a tizzy all spring long about the 335. And then, when they see the spring game, they're going to be like...hey...this looks like a 4-3, or possibly a 425 if the defense is in one high.

I just want to see what coverages they run. What is their base coverage? Are they quarters based? Are they some form of 2. Do they base out of Cov 3 or Cov 1?

I'm going to guess they have a MOFO primary coverage, and then a MOFC primary coverage. Maybe 4 & 1 would be my guess. After that, the question will be, how much 0 coverage do they employ? If they employ 1 what are they doing with the rat? Then finally, what is their fire zone coverage? Are they MOFO or MOFC. I'd imagine it's MOFC, but dudes like Narduzzi are pretty famous...and tight lipped about their MOFO fire zone.

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
This my personal guess. People will be in a tizzy all spring long about the 335. And then, when they see the spring game, they're going to be like...hey...this looks like a 4-3, or possibly a 425 if the defense is in one high.

I just want to see what coverages they run. What is their base coverage? Are they quarters based? Are they some form of 2. Do they base out of Cov 3 or Cov 1?

I'm going to guess they have a MOFO primary coverage, and then a MOFC primary coverage. Maybe 4 & 1 would be my guess. After that, the question will be, how much 0 coverage do they employ? If they employ 1 what are they doing with the rat? Then finally, what is their fire zone coverage? Are they MOFO or MOFC. I'd imagine it's MOFC, but dudes like Narduzzi are pretty famous...and tight lipped about their MOFO fire zone.
my head is spinning

DrumMonkeyRobot

Cornerback
Elite Member

You're a mofo.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds