Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

First day of Spring Practice (1 Viewer)

Tsakoi

Running Back
Elite Member
Things that I think should interest us today....

Who lines up where on the OL?
I know it's the first day but it could give us a glimpse at what they are thinking. Last year was such a disaster I expect a shake up. Maybe not today but by the end of spring practice things will look different than how they lined up in '22.

I don't think we will be able to get the same sort of ideas about the Dline. Changing systems to one where guys line up all over the place is gonna leave us and hopefully opponents confused.

Who gets mentioned by the coaches in the press conference afterwards? And more importantly who doesn't. We need guys to move on and the names used and given to the media and the names that go missing usually gives us an indication.

Who actually attends practice? Who is missing because of injury....or other? We know CT is injured. I think Teddy is being held out. Heinrich won't be available obviously. I think Smothers is injured. Also there are rumors of suspensions.(I've heard of two)Will those rumors be confirmed today?

The Bearded One

Safety
Elite Member

I know it's the first day but it could give us a glimpse at what they are thinking. Last year was such a disaster I expect a shake up. Maybe not today but by the end of spring practice things will look different than how they lined up in '22.

I don't think we will be able to get the same sort of ideas about the Dline. Changing systems to one where guys line up all over the place is gonna leave us and hopefully opponents confused.

Who gets mentioned by the coaches in the press conference afterwards? And more importantly who doesn't. We need guys to move on and the names used and given to the media and the names that go missing usually gives us an indication.

Who actually attends practice? Who is missing because of injury....or other? We know CT is injured. I think Teddy is being held out. Heinrich won't be available obviously. I think Smothers is injured. Also there are rumors of suspensions.(I've heard of two)Will those rumors be confirmed today?
Who's on the rumored Suspension List?

BorWhiskey

Ziggy Stardust
Insider
Elite Member
Regarding the defense, @slattimer has a hunch that the defense will be more four down than three, I believe resulting in a 425. Base defense could still be 335 but more situations place us in the 4. I’d be interested in hearing how often we have 3 or 4 down in early practices as that will tell us what the base is.

Scarlet ObsessioN

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
What is this!? A gif for Ants?

What Is That GIF by PermissionIO

Cornicator

Cornerback
Insider

If there is one press conference worth missing all year, it's definitely the 1st Spring Practice press conference.

Ha.

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Robinson is also out, I believe.

Tsakoi

Running Back
Elite Member
If there is one press conference worth missing all year, it's definitely the 1st Spring Practice press conference.

Ha.
Normally I would agree, but this being the first practice of the Rhule era and he is making himself available (I think) adds a little more interest than usual. I hope one day to get to a boring Rhule's 15th first day of spring practice PC. God willing.

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Watched part of his presser.
-Grant & Hill suspended from Practice until they get their shit together
-Fidone, Thompson & Applegate limited due to injuries
-TE Carnie moving on so no longer with the program
-TE Tagaleua (sp?) switched over to DE
-Applegate switched to TE. Rhule likes his speed
-WR Bonnhar (sp?) more a hybrid position
-high school coaches from Nebraska & Kansas at practice today
-wants QB's learning to throw in the wind outside not the indoor facility

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
-Fidone wants to be full go but Rhule giving him time as he feels ACL's take time and not worth risking
-high praise of Gabe Irvin. Top end GPS Speed at 222 lbs
-mentioned team had the lead going into the 4th or in the 4th 4 times last season and lost. Wants to be able to Run Da Dam Ball in the 4th to eat up the clock. Fast Battering Ram like Irvin fits well in that role. Pitch Shut Outs in the 4th and offense helps by controlling the clock
-earlier practice today than normal so they could fit it in today and give the kids Easter Weekend off.
-keeps mentioning that the players are very coachable

GAHusker

Cornerback
Regarding the defense, @slattimer has a hunch that the defense will be more four down than three, I believe resulting in a 425. Base defense could still be 335 but more situations place us in the 4. I’d be interested in hearing how often we have 3 or 4 down in early practices as that will tell us what the base is.
I didn’t know if we even had four defensive linemen

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds