Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

First day of Spring Practice (5 Viewers)

2010sarenevercoming

5 Star Punter
Elite Member
Watched part of his presser.
-Grant & Hill suspended from Practice until they get their shit together
-Fidone, Thompson & Applegate limited due to injuries
-TE Carnie moving on so no longer with the program
-TE Tagaleua (sp?) switched over to DE
-Applegate switched to TE. Rhule likes his speed
-WR Bonnhar (sp?) more a hybrid position
-high school coaches from Nebraska & Kansas at practice today
-wants QB's learning to throw in the wind outside not the indoor facility
Does Carnie moving on = no longer playing football, or moving on to another school?

Toe

Wide Receiver
Johnson is a pretty epic bust, considering he was originally a 5* guy. Only surprise with Hickman is that he stuck around as long as he did. I had to look up who Carnie was.

Last edited:

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
I would say bust in general. Several schools were recruiting Carnie. When Cockeye offered him, felt like he was worth the scholarship.

With that said, a healthy Fidone and Gilbert says the fuck depth chart this year.
IMHO there is nothing wrong with recruiting players who end up as Busts because it's gotta be hard to project the physical & mental development of an 18 year old. If I remember correctly only about half of the recruits end up being major contributors. Issue is not identifying which players aren't going to contribute at this level and getting them to move on. College Football is big business these days, need to run it like a Fortune 500 Company on some levels..

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
recruiting miss by Frost?

I would say bust in general. Several schools were recruiting Carnie. When Cockeye offered him, felt like he was worth the scholarship.

With that said, a healthy Fidone and Gilbert says the fuck depth chart this year.
Yeah roughly 40-50% of kids will ultimately be busts. It is an inexact science behind recruiting kids. A number of different things lead to it between injuries, not mentally being ready for college, etc...

Thing is to recruit with volume to backfill that. Bo not doing this drove me nuts.

Last edited:

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member

Good point, forgot about the Georgia kid. Smell ya Carnie.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
Every single tight end who couldn't get on the field ahead of Boekircher was a candidate to get processed. Thankfully Matt Rhule realized this and no only added some talented to dudes to the room but cleared wasted scholarships.

To be clear, we did the right thing with Hickman, Carnie, and Rollins (who I imagine is RIP if I haven't already missed it). Took the best instate dudes and tried to make it work. It didn't so sayonara

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
Every single tight end who couldn't get on the field ahead of Boekircher was a candidate to get processed. Thankfully Matt Rhule realized this and no only added some talented to dudes to the room but cleared wasted scholarships.

To be clear, we did the right thing with Hickman, Carnie, and Rollins (who I imagine is RIP if I haven't already missed it). Took the best instate dudes and tried to make it work. It didn't so sayonara
Hickman has done nothing but move positions for 4 years. See ya

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG

I thought Rollins looked ok in his very limited role but its tough to argue with
couldn't get on the field ahead of Boekircher was a candidate to get processed.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds