Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Favorite Cornhusker (1 Viewer)

HuskerDocCo

100 & havin fun GBR !!
tPB OG
@Evansknight98 my favorite Husker of all time , and many will attest, is the great we called Carlos “Pringles Can” Polk !! he wore the #13 not only as a way to distinguish himself on the field…but off it as well. back during his playin days, it was well known there were many sorority girls who would need to use a Walker for 3 weeks post coitus with ole “Pringles Can” Polk. medical device companies in Lincoln made BANK and if NIL was around back then, he would’ve been a millionaire for these medical device companies. @lee_carvallo_12 & @#HBD have many stories to share as well on their favorite Huskers such as Corey McKeon thnx Belch!

HuskerGarrett

If we die, we die
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Tommie Frazier is probably the most common answer. I was too young to appreciate him at the time. Those that I do remember and appreciated (off the top of my head)

Offense:
Eric Crouch, Zac Taylor, Ameer Abdullah, Taylor Martinez, Roy Helu, Nate Swift

Defense:

Suh, Lavonte David, Prince Amukamara, Alfonzo Dennard

HuskerDocCo

100 & havin fun GBR !!
tPB OG
Tommie Frazier is probably the most common answer. I was too young to appreciate him at the time. Those that I do remember and appreciated (off the top of my head)

Offense:

Defense:

surprised to not see niles Paul . Seein those names on the D makes me smile

Mr.Bojangles

Offensive Lineman
As someone who isn’t well versed in the Husker lore, tell me who your favorite of all time is…

Also who is your current favorite?

If you wanna rattle off some stories so I can go down a YouTube wormhole this week on my overnight shifts that would be cool too.

And go!
Lamar Jackson showed a lot of character losing his starting job could have easily transferred but came back and earned his spot back. Also Marqel Dismuke also could have easily transferred but stuck buy his word and stayed.

doublewing

Running Back
Iron Mike. Was a kid watching him in real time so he's forever etched in my memories. Ultimate skillset for an NU IB and one of the toughest players ever in the program. You have to be a damn good player to move Roger Craig to FB.

doublewing

Running Back
Terrell Farley - remember an interview with TO where he said we for sure win 96’ natty if Farley wasn’t injured/in trouble that year
I don't recall another defensive player that made as many plays as Farley. He was always around the ball. Didn't have great physical measueables (more safety size than LB) but was so quick and instinctual in his play.

And yes - they would have beat Texas with Farley and at least played for the title.

2010sarenevercoming

5 Star Punter
Elite Member
As someone who isn’t well versed in the Husker lore, tell me who your favorite of all time is…

Also who is your current favorite?

If you wanna rattle off some stories so I can go down a YouTube wormhole this week on my overnight shifts that would be cool too.

And go!
Barron Miles - undersized CB, and punt-blocking machine during the mid-90s. Went to the CFL and had a hall of fame career there. His son is on our current team.

Christian Peter - borderline psychopath DL & captain during our dominant era (the dude running a fumble recovery back in my avatar). One of the only players I saw make Tom Osborne laugh. One of the biggest Husker personalities ever, then went back to New Jersey and lives quietly with his family there.

Terrell Farley was one of those "tweener" dudes who was just an absolute stud. Nobody at any position on offense was safe if he was in the area.

We had a non-stop run of dominant DE/OLBs from about 1993-2001. We were a factory, and it was common for opposing QBs to be brutalized & walking dead by the end of the game (if they weren't knocked out of it). Turd Alberts, Grant Wistrom, Jared Tomich, Mike Rucker, and Kyle Vanden Bosch are a few standouts.

Current players: Brian Buschini (Punter) is a great dude off the field. Phalen Sanford (backup DB) has freak athletic ability, and is fun to watch. Malcolm Hartzog is an undersized young DB who's a heckuva competitor & up-and-coming. Several young and/or possible breakout players I'm looking forward to, now that we have a healthier situation on our team.

BIGSTICK67

Board Chairman - TPB, LLC
Elite Member
tPB OG
Been a Husker fan since the mid 70's when I was a kid - always a tough question, which sort of surprises me. In no particular order.

IM Hipp/Jarvis Redwine
Mike Rozier
Kenny Walker - if you don't know the story, look it up
Taylor Martinez
Suh
Crouch

Wasn't old enough for Johnny the Jet, but the lore makes him one of my favorites.

lee_carvallo_12

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
@Evansknight98 my favorite Husker of all time , and many will attest, is the great we called Carlos “Pringles Can” Polk !! he wore the #13 not only as a way to distinguish himself on the field…but off it as well. back during his playin days, it was well known there were many sorority girls who would need to use a Walker for 3 weeks post coitus with ole “Pringles Can” Polk. medical device companies in Lincoln made BANK and if NIL was around back then, he would’ve been a millionaire for these medical device companies. @lee_carvallo_12 & @#HBD have many stories to share as well on their favorite Huskers such as Corey McKeon thnx Belch!
1) Zack Bowman (we're eskimo bros)
2) Richie Incognito - I was dancing with a known floozy at The Rail (tm) when Richie came up caveman style and dragged her away from me. Nothing I could say or do. She was likely and forcibly #raped.
3) Andrew Rodriguez - He was too shy to talk to any floozies at (wait for it) The Rail (tm), so I hooked a brother up with an intro to one of the aforementioned floozies. #bros4lyfe, just not eskimo.

BIGSTICK67

Board Chairman - TPB, LLC
Elite Member
tPB OG
1) Zack Bowman (we're eskimo bros)
2) Richie Incognito - I was dancing with a known floozy at The Rail (tm) when Richie came up caveman style and dragged her away from me. Nothing I could say or do. She was likely and forcibly #raped.
3) Andrew Rodriguez - He was too shy to talk to any floozies at (wait for it) The Rail (tm), so I hooked a brother up with an intro to one of the aforementioned floozies. #bros4lyfe, just not eskimo.
I feel boring after reading this - ha ha!

In reality I'm surprised I'm alive post UNK.

Lionsfan93

Running Back
Recruiting Analyst
Nebrasketball
tPB OG

Offense:

Defense:

This pretty much is exactly what I would say. Which makes sense, because I believe we are roughly the same age.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds