Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

What’s your favorite Jeff Sims memory? (1 Viewer)

Tsakoi

Running Back
Elite Member
The thing I'll always remember about John Sims is how great he was with his teammates. They told a story once about how Josh helped out when they really needed him. Jason Mims was a good guy, is what they'll say. Joel Smins, one of a kind. Plus nobody will ever forget when #3 flashed down the sideline late in the season against Cockeye State that year in the snow in Lincoln.#foreverahusker #lovefornumber9

Ext. 55

Big Poppa
Elite Member
tPB OG
Who's Jeff Sims???

Who Is That Jeremy Renner GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Mavsker

Big Ten referee
tPB OG
In reality, against Minnesota in like his third or fourth snap from scrimmage he carried the ball like 20 yards on a bootleg keeper. I remember thinking he might Be the real deal and then it was basically all downhill from there.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
In reality, against Minnesota in like his third or fourth snap from scrimmage he carried the ball like 20 yards on a bootleg keeper. I remember thinking he might Be the real deal and then it was basically all downhill from there.
He looked good for the 1st quarter. Both drives in the 2nd ended in interceptions.

nja13

2x All-state FG/PAT holder
Elite Member
He has that one really nice deep pass to Betts during practcie that made it into one of the videos the staff puts out.

tman87

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Sims is very talented. Big, strong, fast and a good arm. But is just not anywhere close to being able to process the field to play QB at the P5 level. And then of course the incredibly high turnover rate - even if he was processing the field better and accurate with his arm, making the right reads, etc, - if a QB is turning it over at such a high rate, you just can't play them.

But my favorite thing about the guy - you can tell he is a truly good person and teammate. He could have been sulking and be toxic on the sideline once he lost his job, but instead he was the exact opposite - supporting and happy for HH or anyone when they played well. I can never hate on the kid for his horrible play, as he is such a high character guy who you could tell truly put the team first.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds