Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Farmer Enters The Transfer Portal (3 Viewers)

Herbie

Quarterback
He might do better - there could be a really good team that feels thin at safety and needs some just in case depth. I don't think he'll fit at Syracuse even with Fisker there - they also run the 3-3-5 and their DC is White's mentor, isn't he? Wherever he goes I doubt he'll be starting if it's in the P5.
The portal is closed, right? So he’ll have to sit out this entire season and waste a year of eligibility?

Even if he can transfer right now and find a new time. No way he’s joining in the middle of fall camp. Learning and playbook and playing much at all

Dell Husker

Quarterback
tPB OG
The portal is closed, right? So he’ll have to sit out this entire season and waste a year of eligibility?

Even if he can transfer right now and find a new time. No way he’s joining in the middle of fall camp. Learning and playbook and playing much at all
Marik claimed he’d be eligible right away. Don’t ask me how

Frogsker30

Wide Receiver
Elite Member

Yes and no. He is a grad student plus he still has the window of coach leaving. Its hard to explain but if you want to look into it its in the 14.5 bylaws

Napkins

Safety
Elite Member

One way or another he is just making a series of dumbass decisions.

vailhusker

Heisman Winner
Insider

Farmer, a grad transfer who will be eligible to play at a new program immediately, spent the past four seasons at Nebraska plus this spring. He was suspended by first-year head coach Matt Rhule, who said Farmer wasn’t part of the 120 to start fall camp.

Huskerforlife

Head Coach
Elite Member
He might do better - there could be a really good team that feels thin at safety and needs some just in case depth. I don't think he'll fit at Syracuse even with Fisker there - they also run the 3-3-5 and their DC is White's mentor, isn't he? Wherever he goes I doubt he'll be starting if it's in the P5.
I meant Travis Fisher not Sean who is now at Syracuse. Sure, Farmer could do better, and he's a graduate transfer, so is immediately eligible.

Toe

Wide Receiver
I have no idea what the scenario was that brought him to this decision, but my gut tells me it reflects poorly on his character.

Rhule had suspended him, but said that it was minor stuff and he was welcome back. Guess he decided he didn't wanna be back...

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG

he graduated, so he can enter anytime. Normally grad transfers have to enter by May 1 to be eligible for the fall. I am honestly not sure how all these rules interact in order to know if he has an exception. For example, if Nebraska stripped his scholarship for team rules violations, I believe he would be immediately eligible.

He has already redshirted, so the clock will tick another year this year regardless of whether he plays - he would lose a year of playing eligibility if he can't play this fall.

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Farmer, a grad transfer who will be eligible to play at a new program immediately, spent the past four seasons at Nebraska plus this spring. He was suspended by first-year head coach Matt Rhule, who said Farmer wasn’t part of the 120 to start fall camp.
where is this from? The grad transfer rule changed last fall, so it isn't in the most recent D1 Manual.

This is from last September:

DI Council modifies transfer rules for postgraduate students​

On Aug. 31, the Division I Board of Directors adopted new transfer rules — effective immediately — that required student-athletes to enter the Transfer Portal during sport-specific transfer windows.
After today's Council action, student-athletes who plan to compete the following year as postgraduate students are exempt from those windows. Today's action does not exempt the students from implications associated with the decision to enter the Transfer Portal, including the reduction or cancellation of athletics financial aid for their next academic term.
"The college application process occurs earlier in the year for graduate students, and today's vote provides immediate relief for college students who are interested in pursuing graduate programs at other schools next year while competing in their given sports," said Lynda Tealer, vice chair of the Division I Council and executive associate athletics director at Florida. "The Council will continue to evaluate this issue and consider more permanent modifications to rules related to postgraduate participation."
Postgraduate students will be subject to deadlines to enter the Transfer Portal:
  • Fall and winter sports: May 1.
  • Spring sports: July 1.
The postgraduate transfer rules approved today are effective immediately. The Council will continue to discuss the application of rules to postgraduate students.

vailhusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
where is this from? The grad transfer rule changed last fall, so it isn't in the most recent D1 Manual.

This is from last September:

DI Council modifies transfer rules for postgraduate students​

On Aug. 31, the Division I Board of Directors adopted new transfer rules — effective immediately — that required student-athletes to enter the Transfer Portal during sport-specific transfer windows.
After today's Council action, student-athletes who plan to compete the following year as postgraduate students are exempt from those windows. Today's action does not exempt the students from implications associated with the decision to enter the Transfer Portal, including the reduction or cancellation of athletics financial aid for their next academic term.
"The college application process occurs earlier in the year for graduate students, and today's vote provides immediate relief for college students who are interested in pursuing graduate programs at other schools next year while competing in their given sports," said Lynda Tealer, vice chair of the Division I Council and executive associate athletics director at Florida. "The Council will continue to evaluate this issue and consider more permanent modifications to rules related to postgraduate participation."
Postgraduate students will be subject to deadlines to enter the Transfer Portal:
  • Fall and winter sports: May 1.
  • Spring sports: July 1.
The postgraduate transfer rules approved today are effective immediately. The Council will continue to discuss the application of rules to postgraduate students.
Rivals Steve's article -

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds