Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Fantasy baseball (1 Viewer)

SlumpBuster

Cornerback
Elite Member
I have a league I play in, called Mendoza Baseball. We have one team opening if anyone's interested.

But it's as crazy as it gets.

It's AL only. You have basically as many players as you want to carry (each player has a salary). You do a minor league draft every year to get new players and you have them under contract until they've played 6 MLB seasons.

You have 25 "starters" and you have 15 optional assignments/10-day DL positions (unlimited 60-day DL), the rest need to ether be on your minor league roster...or if you send them down they have to clear waivers (someone else can grab them).

Then for players that clear the 6 year window, there's an auction. You can sign for 1-3 years (slightly less for each year to match a bid of a shorter term). Then any players left over can just be picked up as a FA.

Scoring or win/loss is a calculation, basically XR (extrapolated runs...your hitters) vs RAP (runs against production...your pitchers).

There's owners in this league that have been in it for decades, some of which manage several teams in different leagues (I think there's 12 leagues). This is my 14th season.

At the end of the year, you take your earnings - your payroll (and a small fee for the guy that runs it) and that's what you make/owe. You don't usually get super rich doing it, but it's a lot of fun and the guys in our league are pretty smart.

It's not as "live" as usual fantasy leagues. Stats get updated the following day not real time, etc.

My team is the Barons, I was tied going into the last week, but losing Ohtani to the DL sank me down the stretch. Still won $60.

1709522720489.png

Anyway...it's crazy AF early on, but as the season goes along it's not super hard to keep it up. I check my team every 2-3 days to make sure nobody's hurt and see if someone needs moved. Trades can get super fun too, players or just money can be traded, but no draft picks.

DM me if interested or just reply here to tell me how fuckin nuts it is (believe me I know).

Husker_in_OK

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
I have a league I play in, called Mendoza Baseball. We have one team opening if anyone's interested.

But it's as crazy as it gets.

It's AL only. You have basically as many players as you want to carry (each player has a salary). You do a minor league draft every year to get new players and you have them under contract until they've played 6 MLB seasons.

You have 25 "starters" and you have 15 optional assignments/10-day DL positions (unlimited 60-day DL), the rest need to ether be on your minor league roster...or if you send them down they have to clear waivers (someone else can grab them).

Then for players that clear the 6 year window, there's an auction. You can sign for 1-3 years (slightly less for each year to match a bid of a shorter term). Then any players left over can just be picked up as a FA.

Scoring or win/loss is a calculation, basically XR (extrapolated runs...your hitters) vs RAP (runs against production...your pitchers).

There's owners in this league that have been in it for decades, some of which manage several teams in different leagues (I think there's 12 leagues). This is my 14th season.

At the end of the year, you take your earnings - your payroll (and a small fee for the guy that runs it) and that's what you make/owe. You don't usually get super rich doing it, but it's a lot of fun and the guys in our league are pretty smart.

It's not as "live" as usual fantasy leagues. Stats get updated the following day not real time, etc.

My team is the Barons, I was tied going into the last week, but losing Ohtani to the DL sank me down the stretch. Still won $60.

View attachment 34562

Anyway...it's crazy AF early on, but as the season goes along it's not super hard to keep it up. I check my team every 2-3 days to make sure nobody's hurt and see if someone needs moved. Trades can get super fun too, players or just money can be traded, but no draft picks.

DM me if interested or just reply here to tell me how fuckin nuts it is (believe me I know).

What happens if a player gets traded from the AL to the NL ? Do you need to cut that player from your roster or is the contract still honored even if he's playing in the NL ?

Do you set your lineups daily, weekly or something else ?

SlumpBuster

Cornerback
Elite Member
What happens if a player gets traded from the AL to the NL ? Do you need to cut that player from your roster or is the contract still honored even if he's playing in the NL ?

Do you set your lineups daily, weekly or something else ?
You get him the remainder of the year with his NL stats and in some cases you get a compensatory draft pick the following year.

Once you name your active roster (25) you typically only move them if someone is hurt or someone is performing better. It's much less about the daily "who's pitching/playing" or anything like that.

ThomOsborneMD

NFL PICKEM CHAMP
Elite Member
tPB OG
Didn’t get much interest will bump to see if anyone else wants in? Last year was fun. Buy in was $50.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds