Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Emmett Johnson offered (1 Viewer)

Fargo Husker

Quarterback
Elite Member
If in a small highly selective class, they took two guys (Hayes and Schwartz) that they ended up processing, this sports reporter has to wonder if Frost isn't totally out of his depth as a HC
I get the feeling that if a decommit is coming it’s more from Hayes’ end than ours. IIRC, one of the coaches went and visited him after the season ended.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Sarcastic Season 9 GIF by The Office

Red Finger

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
Checked it out the other day out of curiosity. Of the places he’s visited…those schools have filled at RB. This is another kid that’s jumping on the only committable power 5 offer he has.

This is pathetic. The worst recruiting effort I’ve ever seen at Nebraska continues truckin right along…

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
We’re taking guys from a low-talent state even Minnesota doesn’t want
My motivation for EJ is this: I'm so tired of getting Noah Fant'ed and Joe Burrow'ed that I desperately want to do that to one of our B1G rivals...so I'm all for taking like 2-3 of these guys every year and roll the dice on it happening.

Get our own guy who can have like 5 feature stories on GameDay where he goes "I don't know, ______ (Minnesota) didn't want me" then have the entire GameDay crew laugh at _____ (PJ Fleck) for the entire next segment. I have PTSD from all the times it's happened to NU.

Yeah I'm petty like that. Also, Cockeye and MN and Wisconsin have been finding diamonds in the rough at the 2* level for a while, so who knows maybe at one point one of these guys works out for us.

Tsakoi

Running Back
Elite Member
People are getting a little concerned about recruiting but......

A: We've known that this class would be weak for months now. Not sure if it's intentionally low because we are trying to navigate the COVID year numbers or if it's just weak effort but it is what it is at this point.

B: The OL Williams transfer is important for a lot of reasons. We really need some positive vibes in the Omaha community. This will help. And let's be honest, digging deep for any useful body on the line is a must. Last year was the worst line we've had in decades. Let's throw some bodies from wherever we can get them and try to put something together for 2022.

C: The Emmett Johnson possible commit is another positive. We lost two RBs to the portal already. Stepp and Irvin are now solidly in the "who knows" department because of a history of injuries. Yant is a headcase so that leaves us with Rahmir. We aren't getting a 5 star here so Mr. Football Minnesota is about as good as we could hope for at this stage of the game, unless we made a play for a transfer of Drucker from N. Illinois who probably should have been offered by us anyway. (remember the Omaha issues we've been having)

D: A giant positive would be if we can flip the Roberts DL from Oregon. Big body, highly ranked and a Poly guy from the looks of it. Lots of upside of continuing to add Poly flavor to the roster. Add him and Tagaloa in addition to the Hawaiian LB from last year, Pola Gates CB with Raiola and Tuoti coaching and we are in business.

E: The K position looks like it will have a Game of Thrones style competition because if we also pick up the 2nd transfer from Furman then that will be 6 kickers that I can think of off the top of my head. One of them needs to choose violence. (I'm a GoT nerd, so sue me)

F: The DB room could be getting and infusion if we get Singleton and Gould and it needs probably one more older transfer. Newsome is the only known quality piece in that room. I'm not high on Farmer. Does anybody know why Tyreke Johnson wasn't seen or heard from. Nadab Joseph is a candidate for a transfer out IMO. Non factor for 2 years.

G: The QB situation needs to clear up and the sooner the better because it could lead to a quality pickup in the WR (Chambers please) or OL department if we land someone noteworthy.

Conclusion: Considering the terrible on field results and instability of the coaching staff we are in a beggars can't be choosers situation so the fact that we have a shot with anybody of quality should be somewhat of a relief.

Lionsfan93

Running Back
Recruiting Analyst
Nebrasketball
tPB OG
My motivation for EJ is this: I'm so tired of getting Noah Fant'ed and Joe Burrow'ed that I desperately want to do that to one of our B1G rivals...so I'm all for taking like 2-3 of these guys every year and roll the dice on it happening.

Get our own guy who can have like 5 feature stories on GameDay where he goes "I don't know, ______ (Minnesota) didn't want me" then have the entire GameDay crew laugh at _____ (PJ Fleck) for the entire next segment. I have PTSD from all the times it's happened to NU.

Yeah I'm petty like that. Also, Cockeyes and MN and Wisconsin have been finding diamonds in the rough at the 2* level for a while, so who knows maybe at one point one of these guys works out for us.
I'll be honest, two weeks ago I was talking about this kid to some buddies. My exact description was that he seems like the type of kid that we have passed over for in the past and he lands at Cockeye. Then he ends up having 500 total yards against us in his career there.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds