Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

EJ Barthel - Running Backs (1 Viewer)

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
I posted this on Tater Island but I’ll post here as well since it’s worthwhile:

I am a UConn alumnus and thus watch every game.

What he did in this room this year is incredible. UConn at one point was down to their fourth and fifth string RBs because of injury and they still produced incredibly well. Took Robert Burns the Miami (FL) transfer and moved him to FB and did a spectacular job.

I would love if he can bring Victor Rosa with him. He’s Burkhead 2.0- CT HS player of the year in the class of 2022 and killed it as a freshman this year when he wasn’t supposed to even see the field.

I think this is a great get for us. Great recruiter too.
Thanks for posting that. Saves my OCD from going off and me going down a Rabbit Hole researching him

djw004

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
Definitely seems to be prioritizing recruiting.
So likely working to retain Mickey then.

I do like the focus on recruiting in light of all of the comments Mickey made all season about our roster just not being good enough. But man - taking on unproven guys that can recruit, at too high a clip, makes my PTSD flare up. Sounds a LOT like our RB coach before Applewhite

panther07

Defensive Lineman
Elite Member
Article from when he left Penn State:

"This is undoubtedly a tough blow for James Franklin and the Nittany Lions as Barthel is highly regarded in the recruiting world and has strong ties to the Philadelphia and New Jersey areas."

Irv

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
Yep. With New Jersey in the Big Ten footprint, we should be in there more.

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
He's from Jersey. Played at Rutgers as well.
Plus was the Recruiting Coordinator for Penn St. Player Personnel Director at Temple. He should have all kinds of connections in that area. Played ball at Rutgers & U Mass. Coached at William & Mary, Howard and Albany. He's gotta have great connections on the east coast.

djw004

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
Plus was the Recruiting Coordinator for Penn St. Player Personnel Director at Temple. He should have all kinds of connections in that area. Played ball at Rutgers & U Mass. Coached at William & Mary, Howard and Albany. He's gotta have great connections on the east coast.
Just hope we aren't selling out on the vision we heard yesterday about the need to be premier developers as well. But god I love the thought of having a top 10/15 roster to have that concern about.

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG

"This is undoubtedly a tough blow for James Franklin and the Nittany Lions as Barthel is highly regarded in the recruiting world and has strong ties to the Philadelphia and New Jersey areas."
Deer Lowered how refreshing to have all of these great Husker Junkies on this board sharing knowledge. Seems like on the other sites I was spending so much time researching coaches so I could educate and argue with the potatoes. Here others are doing work also.

After some quick reading up on him I'm definitely excited to see what he can do on the East Coast. Quality hire from a recruiting aspect.

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
Another thought about this guy - Rhule said at presser he wanted to be in New Jersey. A guy with a reputation as a good recruiter at UConn might be coming to help fill that bill.

How many players per year are we gonna sign from New Jersey ? 3? 4?

herbsinator

Running Back
Elite Member

Damn this has me a little horned up. Like it or not, Rhule has a clear plan and vision.

kyle23

Linebacker
Elite Member
Ass tits shit fuck balls, it’s all allowed
earmuffs not listening GIF

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds