Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

DONU +1 vs Maryland (1 Viewer)

SlumpBuster

Cornerback
Elite Member
They're all winnable and they're all losable.

I will continue to argue the Cockeye game is the most winnable. In virtual pick em games, matchups are key. Just look at the Michigan State game:

Sparty has done two things well this season. They are good vs. the run and they are good on special teams. They were an abomination vs. any semblance of the Forward Pass.

What has Nebraska feasted on the last few weeks? They beat teams that sucked vs. the run and had awful special teams.

Ironically, Cockeye is very average vs. the run and dominant vs. any type of throw game. Nebraska's defense is going to kick their fucking ass, and Nebraska won't be tempted to try and throw the football.

Interesting thing to watch about the Maryland matchup this weekend:

Maryland's kicking game is the worst in the Big Ten. They're averaging 38.6 NET yards per kickoff, which is last in the country. And what's really crazy about that stat is they haven't allowed a kick return for a TD. Sometimes, that stat can be misleading because a team might house one as an anomaly. They are allowing a staggering 27 yards per return.

Average starting field position for Maryland opponents on returned kicks is their own 32 yard line.
That's where I'm at. We match up with Cockeye better than anyone left on our schedule (and maybe Wiscy if Allen is @dead)

Fargo Husker

Quarterback
Elite Member
Anyone else’s battered fan syndrome kicking in right about now.
Excited Anthony Carrigan GIF by HBO
It never left

stonesak

Wave goodbye now, it's time for you to go
We will win our remaining three games to go 8-4, then play in a bowl game and get our magical 9th win, and so begins another 20-30 year cycle of winning at least 9 games per year
Hell, 9 wins in the nu-Big Ten has a decent chance of making the playoffs.
200w (2).gif

Mr.Bojangles

Offensive Lineman
Yeah. The offense has proven to be an adventure this year against even the worst defenses so we will see if they can limit mistakes or if the defense can get some turnovers.

I don't think it's hopeless because both of those teams are pretty bad, but yeah I think I agree that Maryland is the most winnable one left given all the factors
I'd say Cockeye is more winnable than Maryland. Maryland's offense is better.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds