Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Did anyone truly think... (1 Viewer)

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
Mackenzie Milton was going to come here?

He’s coming off a major injury in which they were close to amputating his leg.

He’s not played in two years.

And....

He’s spent less time in Frost’s offense than both Luke and Adrian.

I’m sure MM and HCSF have a good relationship. I would have been floored if we brought him on to attempt to play here.

GBR

Administrator
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Did he announce where he is going?

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
I thought there was a possibility. I didn't have a strong feeling either way...but if he came I wouldn't have been shocked.

I didnt think there was any way he was beating out a 3 year starter. Also, if I were in his position, why would I try?

sexmonster

Linebacker
Mackenzie Milton was going to come here?

He’s coming off a major injury in which they were close to amputating his leg.

He’s not played in two years.

And....

He’s spent less time in Frost’s offense than both Luke and Adrian.

I’m sure MM and HCSF have a good relationship. I would have been floored if we brought him on to attempt to play here.
It sounds like you’re tearing him down or doing a “you think he’s better than what we’ve got?” We’d have been very lucky to get him.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
tenor.gif

Actually had the conversation with a friend of mine before he entered the portal. Here's the scenario I saw playing out...

Comes here and is somewhere along the lines of 80-85% of what he was before injury. i.e. better than what we've got. If he isn't 85% he still provides depth.

As far as what he gets out of the deal he's familiar enough with the offense it won't take him long to pick it up again. Going to a place that he has a legit shot at starting. How good of a chance depends on how close to 100% he is.

In addition worst case scenario he's got a GA spot as soon as its clear NFL isn't going to work out to begin his coaching career.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
I didnt think there was any way he was beating out a 3 year starter. Also, if I were in his position, why would I try?
Mentally he's leagues better than Martinez. Question is how close is he physically. He wasn't as good of a runner.even before his injury. Mainly from a size perspective. Arm strength probably similar. Accuracy/consistency way better.

BingoDingo

Absolute Idiot
Well, given that a Freshman QB beat out our multi-year starter not but a few weeks ago, I think that speaks to how fluid the QB situation is here. I also think his relationship with SF and his desire to coach led to an optimistic outlook...definitely enough to think there might be a chance. Him going to FSU doesn't shock me, but my point is that I wouldn't have been surprised if he came to Nebraska.

dsbigred1

Wide Receiver
tPB OG
Mentally he's leagues better than Martinez. Question is how close is he physically. He wasn't as good of a runner.even before his injury. Mainly from a size perspective. Arm strength probably similar. Accuracy/consistency way better.
His best ability was his movement in the pocket, getting out of trouble, and prolonging plays. He was amazing at avoiding the bad loss and turning it into something positive. Did just found ways to make plays. So fun to watch. Honestly, watching some of the things AMart did as a Freshman, he looked very similar, but we haven’t seen a lot of that type of stuff since.

Alcaus

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
I did not but I think he’d be an improvement.

Blackshirts_Win_'ships

Running Back
Elite Member
tPB OG

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
It sounds like you’re tearing him down or doing a “you think he’s better than what we’ve got?” We’d have been very lucky to get him.

Luke accomplished that mighty task, taking down the Top 100 QB in college football -Adrian Marteenis

No way he beats out a fully healthy Adrian. Sorry. Luke shouldn’t have either and Frost’s choice to sit Adrian against Illinois lost us that game.

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
Well, given that a Freshman QB beat out our multi-year starter not but a few weeks ago, I think that speaks to how fluid the QB situation is here. I also think his relationship with SF and his desire to coach led to an optimistic outlook...definitely enough to think there might be a chance. Him going to FSU doesn't shock me, but my point is that I wouldn't have been surprised if he came to Nebraska.

Its really not fluid. Adrian is head and shoulders better than Luke and you weren’t watching last week if you think it’s close.

BingoDingo

Absolute Idiot
Its really not fluid. Adrian is head and shoulders better than Luke and you weren’t watching last week if you think it’s close.
Fluid enough that our Starting QB was bench in favor of a Freshman QB for a couple of weeks...but again, I wouldn't have been surprised if he chose Nebraska, that's all.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds