Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Did anyone truly think... (2 Viewers)

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
I'm starting with pre injury MM. I agree we don't know what his new 100 is.

Pre-injury MM versus Adrian now; If it were my program I’d bring MM in with a chance to compete and if he’d improved like conventional wisdom says he probably would have in 18, 19, and 20, he likely win the job.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Pre-injury MM versus Adrian now; If it were my program I’d bring MM in with a chance to compete and if he’d improved like conventional wisdom says he probably would have in 18, 19, and 20, he likely win the job.
See I think we're too far apart to even make this a conversation. Pre injury MM vs Adrian now I'm begging him to come and guaranteeing him the starting job.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Assuming the kid can make smart decisions and deliver the ball accurately on time, I might take post injury MM over Adrian too.
That's what I've been saying. Guys ability to read defenses and make the right throw was light years ahead of Adrian. No idea if he's physically capable of playing a 15 game season though.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
That's what I've been saying. Guys ability to read defenses and make the right throw was light years ahead of Adrian. No idea if he's physically capable of playing a 15 game season though.
Probably takes out the QB run game a bit, but whatever.

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
See I think we're too far apart to even make this a conversation. Pre injury MM vs Adrian now I'm begging him to come and guaranteeing him the starting job.

We’re not really. I’m saying if MM improved the way you’d think he would have from 18-20(maybe I should have used the world “developed” because that’s the buzz word) then yes I bring him in and he probably wins.

Now? I struggle to believe he wins the job over a kid like Adrian who has started more games than him and has spent more time in Frost’s offense than him.

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider

Was it? Or did he have Trequan Smith and the TE who was 27 years old that’s now playing in the NFL?

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
Mind you @Jim14510 , we’re having a conversation. We’re not being morons like the other board. I personally don’t think that it’s as clear as many think. I think for depth wise, it makes sense. But you don’t bring transfers in for depth.

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
Couldn’t it be both?

I don’t think the evidence suggests that you go all out to bring in a transfer QB like Milton at this stage if it’s merely for depth.

Yes. It could be both. But I don’t see a reason at this point to bring in a transfer QB for depth purposes. There are other positions that could use this spot.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Was it? Or did he have Trequan Smith and the TE who was 27 years old that’s now playing in the NFL?
Certainly didn't hurt having those guys but he didn't have much the next year and was still pretty damn good. It's possible my memory of him is better than what he actually was. Only game I watched him play in 2017 was the Auburn game. I watched a lot of his 2018 season.

Alcaus

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
I don’t think the evidence suggests that you go all out to bring in a transfer QB like Milton at this stage if it’s merely for depth.

Yes. It could be both. But I don’t see a reason at this point to bring in a transfer QB for depth purposes. There are other positions that could use this spot.
I agree with you from that perspective. If they brought MM in he better be an improvement over AM or LM because one, if not both are gone. Also don’t think MM was going anywhere he wasn’t all but guaranteed to start.

Rather see an OLB or DB brought in. Maybe RB.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
We’re not really. I’m saying if MM improved the way you’d think he would have from 18-20(maybe I should have used the world “developed” because that’s the buzz word) then yes I bring him in and he probably wins.

Now? I struggle to believe he wins the job over a kid like Adrian who has started more games than him and has spent more time in Frost’s offense than him.
I don't think the time in this offense is the determining factor. I think his physical ability is the only issue.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
if not both are gone.
I don't think that's the case. At this point LM isn't starting next year. He probably knows that. It's a 1 year deal for MM. AM potentially is a transfer risk but I don't see him leaving in that scenario either. He would still have 2 years to play.

Alcaus

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
I don't think that's the case. At this point LM isn't starting next year. He probably knows that. It's a 1 year deal for MM. AM potentially is a transfer risk but I don't see him leaving in that scenario either. He would still have 2 years to play.
If MM transferred to Nebraska you don’t think AM leaves? I could see him swallowing his pride getting benched for LM who he’s been “competing” with for years but I kind of think MM coming in and getting the nod is a different situation.

I’m not convinced LM would have left either.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
If MM transferred to Nebraska you don’t think AM leaves? I could see him swallowing his pride getting benched for LM who he’s been “competing” with for years but I kind of think MM coming in and getting the nod is a different situation.

I’m not convinced LM would have left either.
Hard to say. Probably depends on how they came out of spring. MM clear starter AM leaving increases dramatically.

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider

On top of that Dylan Mccaffrey at Michigan lived through a multitude of transfers and stuck it out

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds