Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Breaking Dean getting dogpiled on (3 Viewers)

slattimer

Quarterback
Insider
GIF Master
tPB OG
amused jaw drop GIF
That's great gif placement.

Johannes de Silentio

Safety
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
It still up? What did he say?

In essence, whenever he's asked about how well Nebraska is doing in NIL deals relative to the rest of the country, he replies in one of two ways: 1) Mentions a few anecdotal deals from ABM, like Hutmacher's pheasant hunting venture; or 2) Relies on OpenDorse considering Nebraska to be a "top" NIL school.

Today in the chat, he went with the second option. I simply followed up asking him if that meant that he was relying only on OpenDorse figures, and, if so, what percentage of the overall market does OpenDorse constitute. My understanding is that OpenDorse is simply one platform through which athletes can easily "opt-in" to promotions that have a set monetary value. Unless I'm missing something, it may have nothing to do with many of the high profile deals reported for players like, for example, Ewers with the autographs or the Texas OL salary. If that's so, Nebraska could be top dog of OpenDorse or, more likely, among a decent group of schools towards the top, but still be sucking hind teet in the grand scheme of things.

His response to that indicates that OpenDorse collects data and runs reporting software for many schools with NIL. I'm not sure if that answers my question or not. It's still not clear if OpenDorse data collection relates to anything other than OpenDorse deals. The chat was locked by the time I saw his answer, and I just seriously doubt I'm going to get anything approaching clarity from him. Given that, I have a strong suspicion that he's fudging it.

Turn Down for What

Running Back
Elite Member
In essence, whenever he's asked about how well Nebraska is doing in NIL deals relative to the rest of the country, he replies in one of two ways: 1) Mentions a few anecdotal deals from ABM, like Hutmacher's pheasant hunting venture; or 2) Relies on OpenDorse considering Nebraska to be a "top" NIL school.

Today in the chat, he went with the second option. I simply followed up asking him if that meant that he was relying only on OpenDorse figures, and, if so, what percentage of the overall market does OpenDorse constitute. My understanding is that OpenDorse is simply one platform through which athletes can easily "opt-in" to promotions that have a set monetary value. Unless I'm missing something, it may have nothing to do with many of the high profile deals reported for players like, for example, Ewers with the autographs or the Texas OL salary. If that's so, Nebraska could be top dog of OpenDorse or, more likely, among a decent group of schools towards the top, but still be sucking hind teet in the grand scheme of things.

His response to that indicates that OpenDorse collects data and runs reporting software for many schools with NIL. I'm not sure if that answers my question or not. It's still not clear if OpenDorse data collection relates to anything other than OpenDorse deals. The chat was locked by the time I saw his answer, and I just seriously doubt I'm going to get anything approaching clarity from him. Given that, I have a strong suspicion that he's fudging it.
There was a reason I asked him about NIL.

Johannes de Silentio

Safety
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Dean just ban hammers his paying customers that dare question his motives behind his blind support of ABM.
I think there's pretty clearly a financial incentive to protecting ABM on the board, too. I don't have the exact post to hand where he tried to disclaim any sort of official relationship, but it would be great to really drill down with Callahan on exactly what connection there is between ABM and HOL. Even if technically there are no payments flowing between the former to the latter, it's positively clear that having a good relationship with ABM is what's leading to all of those Husker athletes either hosting or appearing on podcasts so frequently on HOL, especially relative to the competition.

Given how we've seen Callahan treats complete nothing sponsors like JFQ and Franchise Coach with immense respect and hustles to defend them as much as he can, it's not at all surprising that the topic of ABM in anything but the most positive light is basically verboten. Frankly, this is a nasty feature of NIL that I don't think gets enough discussion: Now that student-athletes can benefit from NIL, one of their primary outlets is alternative media exposure like podcasts, and establishment journalists are often in the best position to assist them and then benefit from it. Makes our reporters even more in cahoots with North Stadium, which I didn't think was possible.

theDankness

Linebacker
Elite Member
I think there's pretty clearly a financial incentive to protecting ABM on the board, too. I don't have the exact post to hand where he tried to disclaim any sort of official relationship, but it would be great to really drill down with Callahan on exactly what connection there is between ABM and HOL. Even if technically there are no payments flowing between the former to the latter, it's positively clear that having a good relationship with ABM is what's leading to all of those Husker athletes either hosting or appearing on podcasts so frequently on HOL, especially relative to the competition.

Given how we've seen Callahan treats complete nothing sponsors like JFQ and Franchise Coach with immense respect and hustles to defend them as much as he can, it's not at all surprising that the topic of ABM in anything but the most positive light is basically verboten. Frankly, this is a nasty feature of NIL that I don't think gets enough discussion: Now that student-athletes can benefit from NIL, one of their primary outlets is alternative media exposure like podcasts, and establishment journalists are often in the best position to assist them and then benefit from it. Makes our reporters even more in cahoots with North Stadium, which I didn't think was possible.

ABM is involved with all the player podcasts on HOL.

That SOB Van Owen

In Mombasa drinkin’ gin
Elite Member
tPB OG
I’ve been bant about 17 times. It’s a badge of honor

It’s all directly to permanent now. Both my original account and and my new account were permbant. First for calling Dean “Baghdad Bob” when they announced frost was coming back, then today for saying ABM’s shitty website means more money to spend on Dean and making fun of him for saying we are top 5 in NIL.

Both relatively minor offenses, IMO, and both permabans.

Havoc34

Clit Commander
Elite Member
It’s all directly to permanent now. Both my original account and and my new account were permbant. First for calling Dean “Baghdad Bob” when they announced frost was coming back, then today for saying ABM’s shitty website means more money to spend on Dean and making fun of him for saying we are top 5 in NIL.

Both relatively minor offenses, IMO, and both permabans.
Deans soft ego can’t handle even the slightest hint of sarcasm

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds