Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Deab Masterclass (1 Viewer)

jickey moseph

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
Pretty sure Dean and other locals with big social media followings have some sort of sponsorship deal to promote them
Oh I'm sure he does. Love the fact that he denies that he is promoting them in one of his replies.

Dell Husker

Quarterback
tPB OG
Pretty sure Dean and other locals with big social media followings have some sort of sponsorship deal to promote them
Yeah, I’ve seen radio personalities fly to Vegas and hop on a plane right back while videoing it all on socials just to promote the flights

That SOB Van Owen

In Mombasa drinkin’ gin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Flying round trip to Lincoln is a killer deal. $58 ROUND TRIP for me to fly in for the Michigan and N. Illinois games.

Pipehog69

Bench Warmer
Elite Member
Redway was paid for by the city/county out of money from the covid stimulus bill (American Rescue Plan Act). That money could’ve been used on pretty much anything the city/county wanted to, and they chose this. And once that money is spent, the airline goes away too. Just food for thought.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Redway was paid for by the city/county out of money from the covid stimulus bill (American Rescue Plan Act). That money could’ve been used on pretty much anything the city/county wanted to, and they chose this. And once that money is spent, the airline goes away too. Just food for thought.
That's probably reality.

Fantasy land. Lincoln and Omaha merge airports Somewhere along I80. Redway uses it as a hub. Flights for Nebraskans get cheaper.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Is Redway a seperate entity and subrecipient of the grant or part of the city?

Pipehog69

Bench Warmer
Elite Member
Is Redway a seperate entity and subrecipient of the grant or part of the city?

I did a little more reading on this, these type of public/private arrangements are interesting to me. I found this all out on my lunch break, Dean could’ve easily done the research if he cared.

It’s a separate entity. The local government gave $3m to the airport, and the airport offered the $3m out there as a revenue guarantee. An airline consultant formed Fly Next LLC to house the airline, they leased some planes, hired some staff, and Red Way was born.

They signed a contract with the airport where they are allowed to dip into the $3m to make up for losses at up to $30k per flight. They started out running 28 flights a week which seems ridiculous to me. I have no idea how much they are losing per flight but if it’s $30k they would burn through the $3m in less than a month.

Seaofred92

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Nebrasketball
I posted a long twitter rant on this earlier today- basically their entire business model makes no sense. They don’t sell connecting flights through LNK, meaning they’re more or less entirely dependent on LNK generated sales to support the airlines. It’s asinine.

Husker15

Linebacker
I posted a long twitter rant on this earlier today- basically their entire business model makes no sense. They don’t sell connecting flights through LNK, meaning they’re more or less entirely dependent on LNK generated sales to support the airlines. It’s asinine.

That would take a whole lot more money to setup than $3 million

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds