Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Full Deab (2 Viewers)

Juro

Sarcastic Ass
Elite Member
Bounty Hunter
Not saying I like the guy. I don't have much of an opinion yet. I'm fairly new to Messageboardworld. It's just, it seems the purpose of this board is to have an alternative to the mainstream, but more time gets spent talking about the Dean and his crew more than perhaps anything else.
Dean’s push for ABM (at the time, 1890 now) in most of his articles was a greedy push for him to get more money as well as sell Frost, ABM, and the general direction of the program. Dean wrote positive about them; they kept him informed. It wasn’t until the very end that Dean turned against Frost.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Murdering Jim is a strong 4
Season 9 Idk GIF by The Office

betsch

Safety
Hey guys, just because you aren't smart enough to appreciate the genius Dean is then.....well.....I.....never mind, I got nuthin.

Boondock_St_Sker

That Dude
Elite Member
Dean’s push for ABM (at the time, 1890 now) in most of his articles was a greedy push for him to get more money as well as sell Frost, ABM, and the general direction of the program. Dean wrote positive about them; they kept him informed. It wasn’t until the very end that Dean turned against Frost.
Coffee Cheers GIF by Holiday Inn Express

slattimer

Quarterback
Insider
GIF Master
tPB OG
Not saying I like the guy. I don't have much of an opinion yet. I'm fairly new to Messageboardworld. It's just, it seems the purpose of this board is to have an alternative to the mainstream, but more time gets spent talking about the Dean and his crew more than perhaps anything else.
Were you around for Kristallnacht?

BradWesley

Cornerback
Elite Member
LambrechtGraphic_16x9.jpg

Huskers633

Cornerback
Elite Member
You'll figure it out the more time you spend on the board. Most on here have had interactions with him. I had one interaction with where he DM'd because I made fun of franchise coach and an interaction where franchise coach started a thread about franchising. Dean said tell me more. And he said something like I'm glad you asked Dean. It was cringy.

Anyway, I'm still on Tater Island and have been with huskeronline since 2006. The board and Dean have changed greatly since then. My biggest gripe is that there used to be good information on the board. For quite a while now Dean only shares with us what he's allowed to. Or what he's told he can share. I completely believe that.

Driveway Jordan

Wide Receiver
Insider
Nebrasketball
tPB OG
It has been known for quite some time that the project was behind. There are too many custom finishes with the lighting, HVAC, and general appearance for that to be a surprise. The supply chain issues in the trades were very much a 2021 and 2022 problem. That isn't a huge problem anymore, but here is what is: Having enough skilled tradesmen that understand what they are installing. For example, the average journeyman electrician isn't going to have any experience or exposure to the types of custom lights and controls that are engineered into the project. Same goes for the average mechanical journeyman. That shit takes time, and you really only get one shot to install something that isn't repetitive, otherwise you have to rip it out and try again. Just venturing to guess this is happening a lot.

In regard to Rhule's input, other than minor finishes and decor, I would be very surprised if he had any input at all. Major changes would require architect and engineering changes...many of those plans were stamped in 2020. By the time Ruhle was hired, much of the general rough-in was complete, so structurally it seems very unlikely. It seems more likely, IMO, that was a rumor or series of rumors by the general contractor (who is a close friend of Frost) to create excuses for the delayed timeline for completion.

BorWhiskey

Ziggy Stardust
Insider
Elite Member
A lot of Nebraska message boards that don’t have him as a moderator bad mouth him aggressively, consistently, and frequently.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
It has been known for quite some time that the project was behind. There are too many custom finishes with the lighting, HVAC, and general appearance for that to be a surprise. The supply chain issues in the trades were very much a 2021 and 2022 problem. That isn't a huge problem anymore, but here is what is: Having enough skilled tradesmen that understand what they are installing. For example, the average journeyman electrician isn't going to have any experience or exposure to the types of custom lights and controls that are engineered into the project. Same goes for the average mechanical journeyman. That shit takes time, and you really only get one shot to install something that isn't repetitive, otherwise you have to rip it out and try again. Just venturing to guess that this is happening quite often.

In regard to Rhule's input, other than minor finishes and decor, I would be very surprised if he had any input at all. Major changes would require architect and engineering changes...many of those plans were stamped in 2020. By the time Ruhle was hired, much of the general rough-in was complete, so structurally it seems very unlikely. It seems more likely, IMO, that was a rumor or series of rumors by the general contractor (who is a close friend of Frost) to create excuses for the delayed timeline for completion.
Mostly likely thing Rhule changed was spiking golden tee machines and golf simulators in favor of ping pong tables, imo

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds