Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Breaking Deab bringing the dick heat! (1 Viewer)

Bootleg11

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member

This guy is all over it.

Always found it weird that they used their website that is for covering the University of Nebraska athletics to talk so much about Nebraska high school sports.

Like when they used to do the statewide tour of high school football teams. If I lived in Nebraska, I'd love that stuff. But seems like it should be done on a website made for covering Nebraska High School athletics.

I get covering the kids that are being recruited by Nebraska.

I may be way off base on this, just found it annoying.

jw3

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Always found it weird that they used their website that is for covering the University of Nebraska athletics to talk so much about Nebraska high school sports.

Like when they used to do the statewide tour of high school football teams. If I lived in Nebraska, I'd love that stuff. But seems like it should be done on a website made for covering Nebraska High School athletics.

I get covering the kids that are being recruited by Nebraska.

I may be way off base on this, just found it annoying.
you don't rise to power as quickly as Dean did without pounding the pavement and getting out there and meeting your constituents.

RedSeaRising

Commissioner
Elite Member
tPB OG
It's moments like these when I wonder if I made the wrong decision to cancel my sub and also my subservience to Dean

Eaton Beaver

Prime Time
Elite Member
Meditating Leave Me Alone GIF by Searchlight Pictures

huskerj12

Wide Receiver
tPB OG
Props to these guys for spreading the word I guess, I'm sure it's cool for softball players and their families to get some coverage of the sport, but it honestly comes across kinda patronizing when they act like stuff like this is "huge news."

Similarly, I stopped following McKewon a long time ago so maybe he's still doing this, but he would always do like play-by-play live tweeting of entire NU women's bball games. It always felt like he was solely doing it to make sure everyone knew that HE follows WOMEN'S basketball, so everyone should give him extra credit.

I dunno, on one hand maybe it's cool for those players and fans, on the other hand it just feels kinda phony and performative by the media members, like they just want a pat on the head.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds