Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Breaking Dayton Raiola is N

r4sndaE.gif

Ok, I’ll be the one to say it. I don’t think he will be a good P5 qb and hope he isn’t the only qb in the 2026 class.

Take the Raiola name away from him and what his brother has accomplished and he’s just a kid who has a strong arm in a few Twitter workout vids but nothing much more.
Don’t necessarily disagree, but winning the Buford job this year was a big step in his development. Not writing him off quite yet, because like you said, he has the arm talent. We’ll see what two years of high-level high school football can do for the kid.

Ok, I’ll be the one to say it. I don’t think he will be a good P5 qb and hope he isn’t the only qb in the 2026 class.

Take the Raiola name away from him and what his brother has accomplished and he’s just a kid who has a strong arm in a few Twitter workout vids but nothing much more.
There is nothing to disprove you at this point. He's just three or four games into his varsity high school career. He has a lot of development ahead, I am sure. Right now he seems like a big unknown. It will be interesteing to see how he turns out and how Nebraska handles the '26 QB crootment.

If he can develop the poise his brother has and his ability to read and react he could be better than his brother with his arm talent.
I thinks he's got a good chance. He's definitely more raw than Dylan at the same age, but he's still got a season and a half to develop, then he gets to redshirt and sit behind Dylan - and hopefully Daniel Kaelin too - and learn that way. The talent is there already, which makes it a good situation.

I thinks he's got a good chance. He's definitely more raw than Dylan at the same age, but he's still got a season and a half to develop, then he gets to redshirt and sit behind Dylan - and hopefully Daniel Kaelin too - and learn that way. The talent is there already, which makes it a good situation.
Yeah, if we're running a halfway decent program, there's no reason to think he's playing pressure snaps for us for 3.5 years.

Take his potential, freakish genes, the fact he's leading one of the nation's top high schools for 2 years, and will get a year or two of development at the college level after that, should be a die-hard bought in guy who's not gonna be looking to transfer if he needs to sit a bit before he's the dude, and it's a great situation where the sky's the limit.

It’s good to have a QB committed early as he’ll be a peer recruiter. Sounds like he’s already been doing that. And to have him commit on a lost weekend is also a good way to shift the headlines a little.

I wonder if he’ll be the only QB we take in 26 though. If Clayton wants to join the class, I think we let him. Maybe even let the Vanden Bosch twins join, too.

It’s good to have a QB committed early as he’ll be a peer recruiter. Sounds like he’s already been doing that. And to have him commit on a lost weekend is also a good way to shift the headlines a little.

I wonder if he’ll be the only QB we take in 26 though. If Clayton wants to join the class, I think we let him. Maybe even let the Vanden Bosch twins join, too.

It would be really curious if we didn't take Clayton as well because baby Raiola or as us Dune heads will call him Na-Dylan, is really unproven.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back