Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Dana Holgerson at wrestling match? (3 Viewers)

wildcat_husker

Cornerback
Elite Member
So they were legit bc you lived in Stillwater or was it bc you lived in Stillwater that you were better able to watch their offense and read stats than everyone else in the country that had a tv and the internet?
Or is it just a random statement that you lived there at the same time?

Genuine curiosity the relevance of you living in Stillwater at that time since you took the time to mention it.
1704663715818.gif

Irv

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
Go 92-69 as a HC with three Top 20 finishes.

But he wouldn’t be HC here, which is why that poster gave his resume as an OC.
The totality looks ok, but he was 31-28 at Houston, and 4 of those 5 seasons were against G5 competition. The lone power 5 season was bad and got him fired.

He was barely .500 in Big 12 play at WVU (33-30). Presumably he dropped down to G5 to get access to better players in Texas and be able to exploit a talent advantage against other AAC schools, but it didn’t really pan out. Two of the previous three coaches at Houston used that formula to catapult themselves to big P5 jobs but he wasn’t able to do that.

Maybe @Carm can do a deep dive on his stats that will show he was actually doing great offensively at Houston, but it seems possible that many of us are picturing the Texas Tech OC from more than a decade ago and not the guy who got fired at Houston.

Hopefully if he’s the guy he’s still the genius we think he is, and not our “LSU hiring Bo Pelini” moment.

DrumMonkeyRobot

Cornerback
Elite Member
So they were legit bc you lived in Stillwater or was it bc you lived in Stillwater that you were better able to watch their offense and read stats than everyone else in the country that had a tv and the internet?
Or is it just a random statement that you lived there at the same time?

Genuine curiosity the relevance of you living in Stillwater at that time since you took the time to mention it.
I mention it to provide context that I was able to watch his offense in person week in and week out. I was also around the fan base so I was able to get a feel for how they liked his offense and what they thought of him as a coordinator.

Is that answer good enough to take the piss out of your Wheaties?

Toe

Wide Receiver
That seems alright. Was he fired as a HC? No idea where he was and google isn’t my friend.

Yeah, his most recent job was HC at Houston. His '21 and '22 teams were solid (finished #17 in '21). But this year was Houston's first year in the Big 12, and they went 4-8, and he got canned.

As an aside, none of the four teams that joined the B12 this year did too hot - UCF went 3-6 in conference, Houston (Holgorsen) and BYU both went 2-7, and Cincinnati went 1-8. Cincinnati be like "Hey guys, remember when we were in the CFP two years ago? That was awesome!" And also in the B12, Baylor went 3-9 overall this year with Dave Aranda, who probably wishes he still had Rhule's players (they won the Sugar Bowl two years ago, mostly with guys Rhule had recruited).

Huskerbuck85

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
I mention it to provide context that I was able to watch his offense in person week in and week out. I was also around the fan base so I was able to get a feel for how they liked his offense and what they thought of him as a coordinator.

Is that answer good enough to take the piss out of your Wheaties?
Tone’s piss will forever be in my wheaties due to Adrian Martinez’s extreme success in football

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds