Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Dan Mullen (1 Viewer)

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
He will end up in Nick Saban rehab after BoB gets a HC job this offseason. Pretty obvious.
Maybe Urb can go back to Florida and Mullen can stay on as the oc. I’m kidding by the way, but I wonder if Florida will make a call to urb. His sins there don’t seem as bad now.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
Tom Herman is probably the better former Meyer OC to bring in. In all fairness, he was the most successful HC Texas has had since Brown, I believe?
Herman was weird. He lost to teams he shouldn’t have but could beat ranked teams. He wasn’t a super recruiter at Texas either.

CornHub

Offensive Lineman
Herman was weird. He lost to teams he shouldn’t have but could beat ranked teams. He wasn’t a super recruiter at Texas either.
Texas is in such an odd position as a program. Has any coach gone there since Brown and absolutely dominated in recruiting like you would expect? That program might be even more rotten than Nebraska, and that's saying a lot.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
Texas is in such an odd position as a program. Has any coach gone there since Brown and absolutely dominated in recruiting like you would expect? That program might be even more rotten than Nebraska, and that's saying a lot.
It all went downhill for them after the 2009 season. They should easily have a top 5 class every year if you have a solid recruiter. Mack could bring in the talent.

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
It all went downhill for them after the 2009 season. They should easily have a top 5 class every year if you have a solid recruiter. Mack could bring in the talent.

Mack would hold their first junior day every year with the top juniors in the state and by the time it was Sunday at 3pm on that weekend he’d be 95% done recruiting for that following year.

aTm to the SEC hurt Texas quite a bit

CornHub

Offensive Lineman
Mack would hold their first junior day every year with the top juniors in the state and by the time it was Sunday at 3pm on that weekend he’d be 95% done recruiting for that following year.

It will interesting to see what the move to the SEC does for Texas. I mean it's not like A&M is doing anything special. It's pretty much the same old same old coach after coach for them.

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
He took commitments too early and missed out on a lot of QBs from Texas that ended up out of state

I was posting something similar at the same time you were.

It was always amazing how after their first junior day they’d be 95% full.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG

To a degree but there is so much talent in Texas. It didn’t hurt Briles at Baylor when he was there. Missing on the quarterbacks probably hurt the most and it seemed like Mack had some entitlement issues with players later on during his tenure.

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
To a degree but there is so much talent in Texas. It didn’t hurt Briles at Baylor when he was there. Missing on the quarterbacks probably hurt the most and it seemed like Mack had some entitlement issues with players later on during his tenure.

I think he got to a point where he just couldn’t control the kids very well at all. He stepped away and refocused and is now doing well it appears.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds