Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Damon Benning talks about his son and his trip to that shit hole across the river

Its a “stick it to the man” type of move because Damon and Clester still hate Frost from 1995. If only their women beater best friend Lawrence was still around, maybe he could steer their boys N.
Damon will milk this as long as possible & then jerkoff as his son opts for Cockeye cuz that is where daddy & uncle clester steered him. There’s no point wasting ur time if ur Frost or Mickey

Is Damon’s kid any good?

4 out of 4 Stars. Would listen again.
Lying The Princess Bride GIF by Disney+

This. I’m not a stupid person, but that guy speaks in fucking parables about everything. I usually start questioning whether he’s trolling us at some point because I’ve never seen a more intentionally vague communicator in my life.
I'm not a regular listener but every now and then a segment gets linked to a board discussion and it will be interpreted as "Damon said X about Y." When I listen to it it seems pretty cut and dry as to what he's alluding to, although he does not come out and specifically say it. A reasonable person thinks "Damon said X about Y."

Then he'll come into the thread and dispute that reasonable interpretation and frequently be upset about it.

IMO - he likes to be provocative radio guy and flirt with opinions without owning them. And in other cases he is confusing AF and there is no interpretation to be had.

Haha yeah I like DB and Sharp but I only listen during the season, and even then only to certain segments. I think Damon is a smart good guy but he is perpetually stuck between wanting NU to do well and wanting to be honest and insightful in his job, and when those things don't align his brain goes on the fritz.

So when he feels like he has to critique aspects of the program he speaks in codes and riddles so that he doesn't further damage the psyche of the team/fanbase, when he has relevant inside info he speaks in codes and riddles out of respect to his personal relationships, and when he hypes up aspects of the program he also speaks in codes and riddles so that he's not seen as a homer.

He can be exhausting but I do think he's usually trying to talk about things in good faith, rather than be a hater or homer or hot take artist. If nothing else, it makes his commentary hit extra hard when he DOES get emotional and emphatic about things every once in awhile.

All joking aside a guy that's only real contribution to society is that he played football for Nebraska and talks about Nebraska sports (Nebraska football) for a living. If his kid goes to Cockeyes I don't get how you spin that.
He’s done a bunch helping improve OPS from the inside before doing sports talks to that and mentors a bunch of youths in the area, but let’s forget all that

He’s done a bunch helping improve OPS from the inside before doing sports talks to that and mentors a bunch of youths in the area, but let’s forget all that
Yeah don't go "He's a good person." on me. That's irrelevant.

What I said is how does he spin his kid going to the rival of the team he makes his living from.

If my kid is coming out of college and one of my clients really wants him to go work for them. He shuns them and instead goes to work for their biggest competitor. 99.9% chance I get fired.

What I said is how does he spin his kid going to the rival of the team he makes his living from.

If my kid is coming out of college and one of my clients really wants him to go work for them. He shuns them and instead goes to work for their biggest competitor. 99.9% chance I get fired.
It’s like a successful Ford corporate employee who’s made millions taking his kid to a Chevy dealership the day he turns 16.

Nice summary. Quite true as well.

“All joking aside a guy that's only real contribution to society…”

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back