Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Da bears are #1 (1 Viewer)

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
You don't think Howie Roseman is up there? He completely remade the entire Eagles roster in 3 years, and their depth is ridiculous. They are a way deeper and more talented team than the Chiefs...and they obviously just spanked the 49ers yesterday.
I think what puts Veach up there is he has built a really good roster with Mahomes on a big time deal. Hurts is a 4.7 mil cap hit. Mahomes is almost 10 times that at 46.7 mil. I want to see what Roseman does with Hurts on a 2nd contract.

Honestly Lynch has built probably the best roster in the NFL, but at the end of the day you still need a "good" QB at minimum. I also probably give Lynch some grace because of his consistency of doing it.

I probably wont argue with you much on Roseman, but want to see him do it without a cheap rookie deal QB.

Driveway Jordan

Wide Receiver
Insider
Nebrasketball
tPB OG
I think what puts Veach up there is he has built a really good roster with Mahomes on a big time deal. Hurts is a 4.7 mil cap hit. Mahomes is almost 10 times that at 46.7 mil. I want to see what Roseman does with Hurts on a 2nd contract.

Honestly Lynch has built probably the best roster in the NFL, but at the end of the day you still need a "good" QB at minimum. I also probably give Lynch some grace because of his consistency of doing it.

I probably wont argue with you much on Roseman, but want to see him do it without a cheap rookie deal QB.
I think the "rookie deal" thing is way overblown...by talking heads like Peter Schrager. How man players on rookie deals have won the SB in the last 10 years? Mahomes in 2019. What about Brady? Stafford? Nick Foles? The salary cap in the NFL is fluid, not static. QBs get mega-deals but they are usually back-loaded and re-structured before the huge cap hits occur. It's a constant game of whack-a-mole the GMs play with the franchise-tag and restructuring contracts.

IMO, the best GM in NFL history is Jimmy Johnson. Most of the modern-day tactics for trades and acquiring draft capital was created by him. And that was before there were rookie salary caps.

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
I think the "rookie deal" thing is way overblown...by talking heads like Peter Schrager. How man players on rookie deals have won the SB in the last 10 years? Mahomes in 2019. What about Brady? Stafford? Nick Foles? The salary cap in the NFL is fluid, not static. QBs get mega-deals but they are usually back-loaded and re-structured before the huge cap hits occur. It's a constant game of whack-a-mole the GMs play with the franchise-tag and restructuring contracts.

IMO, the best GM in NFL history is Jimmy Johnson. Most of the modern-day tactics for trades and acquiring draft capital was created by him. And that was before there were rookie salary caps.
Yeah, I think Eli Mahomes Brady Willson have all won a super bowl on their rookie contract in the last 20 years.... Don't quote me on that because I was going off the cuff there.

Biggest factor behind winning a Superbowl and your QB is doing it with a low % of cap... I don't know about Stafford, but as of 2 years ago Brady at 12% of cap is the highest to win it. The Rams also screwed themselves for the next 2 years to win a super bowl.

I am just saying when assembling a roster it is significantly easier to do it when you are paying your QB 4mil vs 40mil.

I want to see what the Eagles look like when they are paying Hurts, but as of right now I do think Roseman has done a really good job.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG

Mahomes cap hit just started in 2022 so let's give the Chiefs a few years to see what happens before sucking Veach dick too hard.

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
Mahomes cap hit just started in 2022 so let's give the Chiefs a few years to see what happens before sucking Veach dick too hard.
Nope he is one of the best GMs in the game. Anybody who is objective can see it.

This was also supposed to be a retool/rebuild year for the Chiefs. They tied an NFL record having 10 rookies starting in a championship game. It is frankly amazing what they have done in the draft the last few years.

Mustangblood

Cornerback
Elite Member
Lol. I love when you say that about the Chiefs.

Who said it was "supposed to be a retooling year"? According to Caesers the Chiefs had the best odds to win the super bowl on Jan 31, 2022 +650

Eagles fwiw were 16th at +3,000
I mean, there was a lot of chatter in the off-season about how much better the bills, and the afc west had gotten and the chiefs were going to struggle without Hill.

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
Lol. I love when you say that about the Chiefs.
Clearly you can't be objective...

Who said it was "supposed to be a retooling year"? According to Caesers the Chiefs had the best odds to win the super bowl on Jan 31, 2022 +650
That was a narrative when the Chiefs traded Hill and the AFC West spent half a billion dollars in free agency or whatever it was that they spent.

Either way this wasn't supposed to be the year because they gutted their defense and WR core.

Eagles fwiw were 16th at +3,000
Yeah I don't know if anybody saw Hurts taking his game to an MVP finalist level.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG

BigDickDean

Defensive Lineman
Elite Member
Georgia came out of nowhere too. Amazing job of coaching and recruiting to move up all the way from preseason ranking of 3rd to winning it all.
Doesn’t this kind of prove the point of Veach being a good GM? He had his team at the third highest odds and they met those expectations. And he’s put together the team that has these high expectations while meeting them.

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
Doesn’t this kind of prove the point of Veach being a good GM? He had his team at the third highest odds and they met those expectations. And he’s put together the team that has these high expectations while meeting them.
All while rebuilding the defense and WR room.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Yeah I'm not saying he isn't good. Certainly no proof he's bad. In reality getting Andy Reid and drafting Mahomes is a strong argument to put him in the top 5 at least by itself. Assuming he was the one that brought in Reid. Don't know if he was.

Faux's logic for why he's better than Eagles and 49ers and whoever else was that he's had to deal with Mahomes cap hit and they've had rookie qb contracts. He's only had to deal with that hit for one year. So all I said was to give it a couple of years before we suck on his dick too hard.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
All while rebuilding the defense and WR room.

Are we really going to compare him to Dak? Nobody in their right mind is making that comparison. Even Rodgers is a stretch.

Tom Brady had arguably his best year ever after losing Randy Moss?

Chiefs defense has been worse. They needed to "rebuild" it because they sucked.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds