Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

CU Post Game Presser (3 Viewers)

Tsakoi

Running Back
Elite Member
I'm unsure if Casey would truly be an improvement. While he's undoubtedly a better passer, he lacks the running ability to score and make plays with the QB run. Plus, considering the current state of our receiving corps, who would Casey have as targets? Our wide receiver situation is well-known to be lacking, and our tight ends are on milk cartons. Given the O-line's blocking performance, how long could Casey stay healthy, especially considering his injury and then surgery last year?
"Unsure if Casey would truly be an improvement?????"

Can he catch a snap in the shotgun formation? If so, he's an improvement.

Can he manage handing the ball to the RB? Then he's an improvement.

Can he avoid calling for a snap so it hits the motion man? Again an improvement.

Let's not act like CU caused the fumbles with hits. Sims literally just gave them the ball.

Huskerforlife

Head Coach
Elite Member
Sims had two games to prove he could play the game at a high level and he failed miserably.

HH or a healthy Chubba need a chance to show if they can do it.
This^. Meanwhile, Kaelin and Bellevue West is having a bad year at 2-2. Our touted QB commit has 3 TDs and 8 INTs; he’s throwing .568.

Great kid but aren't we all tired of projects? I know he won't start right away, and may eventually become a good QB for us.

But after seeing the disaster with Sims, maybe we still need to take a QB from the portal. Like a McNamara or Cole Peyton (was at NDSU but entered the portal).

HCFord1

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
This^. Meanwhile, Kaelin and Bellevue West is having a bad year at 2-2. Our touted QB commit has 3 TDs and 8 INTs; he’s throwing .568.

Great kid but aren't we all tired of projects? I know he won't start right away, and may eventually become a good QB for us.

But after seeing the disaster with Sims, maybe we still need to take a QB from the portal. Like a McNamara or Cole Peyton (was at NDSU but entered the portal).
We need an experienced decent QB who takes care of the ball and two good receivers in the portal next year or we’re going to miss a bowl game again

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
What about Logan Smothers

Where would we be with Logan

He could pass the ball more than 40 yards but that boy didn't fumble teh shotgun snaps (I don't think)
Thing I liked about Logan was he was a gamer. His passing still sucked but he wasn't an idiot and he played hard every play. His running didn't suck either.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
We need an experienced decent QB who takes care of the ball and two good receivers in the portal next year or we’re going to miss a bowl game again
That can throw the forward pass also please. I like Cole Peyton's athletic ability but he's being rotated in at QB to run the ball at North Dakota St.

Ripping Lips

And I ain’t talking about fish
Elite Member
If I remember right, the 2021 Cockeye game was the only time he played an entire game, right? He went 16/22 in that game, he wasn't a total scrub passing. Looks like he's 20/27 at his new school this year too.

Anyway, it doesn't matter anymore :(
Too bad Logan Smothers was recovering from an injury during spring ball and who knows, maybe he could be the starter over Simms.

HuskerDocCo

100 & havin fun GBR !!
tPB OG
If I remember right, the 2021 Cockeye game was the only time he played an entire game, right? He went 16/22 in that game, he wasn't a total scrub passing. Looks like he's 20/27 at his new school this year too.

Anyway, it doesn't matter anymore :(
terry, nothin matters anymore. everythin sucks except my new immodiums ,, quick release gel caps for extreme poop stoppage when im really sludgin

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds