Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Crazy stat (1 Viewer)

ChocaEgg

Ghost of Kiev đŸ‘»
Elite Member
Are we just praying for Matt Rhule to do something stupid to fire him for cause?
Not really. I'm pissed and talk shit but Rhule was the best possible hire that we could've made. I do hope he sees the light and upgrades all of the assistant coaches on the offensive side of the ball and hits the portal harder looking for upgrades on that side of the ball

Herbie

Quarterback
Nihilist+Arbys.jpg

Or this
BRB offering Orlando bloom a bj

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
Not really. I'm pissed and talk shit but Rhule was the best possible hire that we could've made. I do hope he sees the light and upgrades all of the assistant coaches on the offensive side of the ball and hits the portal harder looking for upgrades on that side of the ball

Coordinators make a huge difference. Hire elite ones and you get elite results. The craziest thing is I think finding a big time OC is easier than finding a DC. Yet Rhule found a DC and not an OC.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
There were 5-6 guys who could have been good hires. Rhule was in the group, but he wasn’t a for sure thing. Nebraska for some reason is the place where head coaches go to kill a career.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
Coordinators make a huge difference. Hire elite ones and you get elite results. The craziest thing is I think finding a big time OC is easier than finding a DC. Yet Rhule found a DC and not an OC.
I don’t think Satterfield is the worst OC ever, but Rhule could have definitely did way better for the money NU paid him.

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
I don’t think Satterfield is the worst OC ever, but Rhule could have definitely did way better for the money NU paid him.

I keep coming back to the thought that one decision (Sims) that you had plenty of data to suggest you shouldn’t have made is going to cost this team a bowl game and 15 extra practices.

That alone should be a fireable offense.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
Pelini had to have a couple years where we were positive in the turnover department. He had NC caliber defenses with Callahan’s players.
I’m guessing 2009 was a positive year but if I remember right Dirk or someone wrote a story how the Pelini winning games was an anomaly with the way we turned the ball over.

Ext. 55

Big Poppa
Elite Member
tPB OG
Is it just me, or does it seem like every year there is at least one stat where we are at or very near the absolute worst in the nation at? Why can’t we just be somewhat bad in a certain category? It’s always gotta be atrociously bad if it’s us.
You ask as if you don’t already know. The Simulation curse is real. Unfortunately until T.O. Passes or Our current head coach goes down to the crossroads and gives their soul away to the simulation devil
we will continue to be served by the Simulation.

Blakejc

Corporate Potato
Elite Member
Amazing what 20 years of turnover prone QBs and bend-don’t-break defense gets you.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds