Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Confirmed: Chicago Bears players are a bunch of pussies (1 Viewer)

11husker23

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
journey of course GIF

realbp

Linebacker
Elite Member
The turf at Soldier Field is probably the worst in the league. The Bears do not own the stadium and do not profit from stadium uses. Moving to Arlington Heights will "suck", but will also be very beneficial to the Bears and fans going to games. Getting in and out of Soldier Field on gameday is an absolute disaster.

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Having lived in Chicago I can understand the players wanting out of Soldier Field. Old, dated and a pain in the ass to get in & out of. Plus that fuckin cold wind off the lake just plain sucks when it's cold out. Hate to see them leave the downtown area cuz it was a party before and after the games. My buddy had a big boat in the marina next to the field. Great place to tailgate before the games, and better place after the bars closed to take women. He didn't even drive the boat out of the Marina as it was just a party spot for him. Definitely a Chick Magnet

doublewing

Running Back
I don't blame anyone in a shitty weather climate for wanting to play in a dome. I attended enough bad weather games in my life where I never once held myself in high regard for "dealing with the elements." More often than not I asked myself why I was not on my couch at home.

Also bad were those early season NU games where it was hot AF. Sitting in Memorial Stadium for 95 degree games was fine when I was in my 20's, but not so much as an adult.

When I've been in domes like in Phoenix, Dallas, or Indy, I've never thought to myself: this is great but I'd much rather be in the heat or cold. I don't think it gives any team an advantage either, just made up Green Bay Packer fairy tales.

nja13

2x All-state FG/PAT holder
Elite Member
But if all the cold weather NFL teams get domes, there goes our sales pitch to kids from the south, "Yeah, it can get cold in Lincoln, but you better get used to it if you want to play in the NFL."

cwessel76

Run The Damn Ball
Elite Member
tPB OG
But if all the cold weather NFL teams get domes, there goes our sales pitch to kids from the south, "Yeah, it can get cold in Lincoln, but you better get used to it if you want to play in the NFL."
It was be a cold day in Hell before a dome goes over Lambeau.

Ext. 55

Big Poppa
Elite Member
tPB OG
I thought our big news was a new dome!

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds