Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

The 1890 Initiative Confirmed Deals (3 Viewers)

Tsakoi

Running Back
Elite Member
A running list that we can try to update and add the announcements to when we see one. The list is based off of Twitter.

UPDATED: March 1st 2023

DL Ty Robinson
LB Luke Reimer
LB Nick Heinrich
RB Anthony Grant
OT Teddy Prochazka
WR Marcus Washington
OT Turner Corcoran
RB Ajay Allen
CB Quinton Newsome
S Myles Farmer
QB Casey Thompson
C Ben Scott
QB Jeff Sims
WR Billy Kemp
WR Joshua Fleeks
LB Chief Borders
OL Bryce Benhart
TE Thomas Fidone
DB/OLB Issac Gifford
DB Dwight Bootle II
OL Jacob Hood
OLB Blaise Gunnerson
CB Corey Collier
WR Tommi Hill
OLB Jimari Butler
S Marques Buford
TE Nate Boerkircher
DT Stephon Wynn
OLB MJ Sherman
P Brian Buschini
TE Arik Gilbert
DT Nash Hutmacher
DE Elijah Jeudy
DE Cameron Lenhardt
DE Maverick Noonan
QB Chubba Purdy
LS Marco Ortiz
CB Syncere Safeeullah
S Phalen Sanford
DE/OLB Kai Wallin
DE Princewill Umanmeilen

Last edited:

Tsakoi

Running Back
Elite Member
What can we deduce from this? I don't know. Kind of a low number so far and the deals trickle in slowly. Mostly older guys with Ajay and Teddy being the youngest. Also notable as to who isn't signed so far. There are other collectives so maybe not everybody will be a part of this one. It will take us some time to see how things go, but this list is basically our biggest names and a few new transfers.

Thoughts?

klrgumby

Linebacker
What can we deduce from this? I don't know. Kind of a low number so far and the deals trickle in slowly. Mostly older guys with Ajay and Teddy being the youngest. Also notable as to who isn't signed so far. There are other collectives so maybe not everybody will be a part of this one. It will take us some time to see how things go, but this list is basically our biggest names and a few new transfers.

Thoughts?

They are the most important ones to the program currently. I’m sure as spring ball goes on and the coaches see where they will end up long term I bet we see more signings.

Tsakoi

Running Back
Elite Member
They are the most important ones to the program currently. I’m sure as spring ball goes on and the coaches see where they will end up long term I bet we see more signings.
It's totally interesting when you see who isn't signed up......(cough) .... Benhart. (unless I missed the tweet for him)

But one would assume that we would want to sign Buford up quick as a way to show his little brother (a big recruit) how we take care of our guys. What about Hartzog? Seems we should be all over him. (Again I have no idea of knowing, he may have been offered already)

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG

It sounds terrible but it's a bad use of funds if you're giving any of your NIL war chest to the bottom 1/3 of your roster.
Hungry Chef GIF by Rosanna Pansino

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Can we trust 1890? Or will it be another embarrassing scam like ABM was? Gerrod & Bruning really screwed us and our players over. I'm not sure how much faith I have in Matty D & the Peeds. I still have trust issues with them after the shenanigans they have pulled over the years. Hoping Turd has a handle on them

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
Can we trust 1890? Or will it be another embarrassing scam like ABM was? Gerrod & Bruning really screwed us and our players over. I'm not sure how much faith I have in Matty D & the Peeds. I still have trust issues with them after the shenanigans they have pulled over the years. Hoping Turd has a handle on them
Chris Farley Idk GIF

Juro

Sarcastic Ass
Elite Member
Bounty Hunter
By removing Gerrod from the equation and having Turd and Rhule handling the football program, I feel like 1890 will be fine in their role.

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Is ABM still around? I haven't heard anything from them lately.
Turd is supposedly still cleaning up that mess and figuring ways to right some wrongs. The Peeds are helping cover up some of the issues through1890. Was told ABM could have gotten us some seriously bad national publicity and potential trouble.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
By removing Gerrod from the equation and having Turd and Rhule handling the football program, I feel like 1890 will be fine in their role.
If Peeds are truly covering the overhead I'm not sure how 1890 could crew it up short of Davison embezzling money.

So I guess Davison embezzling money is a possibility.

Ext. 55

Big Poppa
Elite Member
tPB OG
Will this get us enough wins for a bowl game? I’m fucking tired of spending bowl season watching teams like Rutgers and Purdue, but no Nebraska.

If not, who cares.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds