Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

College Football Daily Podcast 4-28-2023 - Matt Rhule Episode (1 Viewer)

Snockered69

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
I’m about 10 seconds through this intro and thought I was listening to an AI chatbot. Impressive you made it through this.

slattimer

Quarterback
Insider
GIF Master
tPB OG
Great interview with Matt Rhule. I encourage you to listen to it. He covers what type of offense we'll see at Nebraska, was he taking shots at Deion and other stuff.

Cliffs on the offense. I'll listen later.

Bootleg11

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
Cliffs on the offense. I'll listen later.
More like his Temple offense than his Baylor offense. 22, 21, 23, 12personnel.

Wants a QB with a big arm to take shots down the field with play action. But understands that you have to be able to drop back and convert 3rd downs/end of game situations.

Have to adjust offense for the weather that the Big 10 is in. Will run a QB when they have a running QB. Will hand off when they don’t have a running QB. 30-40 rushes a game.

Says he’s adjusted everywhere he goes based on what’s worked at that school in the past. i.e. tried to be more spread first year at Temple, went back to see what worked for Adazzio and Al Golden at Temple. Saw what worked for Briles at Baylor and adjusted.

Wants to prepare kids for NFL interviews. So early on the offense is complicated to kids but it will help them later on when talking to NFL front offices.

Said everybody now is inside zone/outside zone. Wants to be different.

Listened to it a few hours ago so that’s all I recall

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds