Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Breaking Coaching search not going well (2 Viewers)

Mavsker

Big Ten referee
tPB OG
Didn't Pelini go to work for Youngstown making some paltry figure like $150,000/year after we shit canned him? Millions of dollars is definitely big bucks anf you know lawyers would be involved.

Let's get creative and throw this out there. Turd reaches out to Carolina and says we want to hire Matt Rhule. Carolina owes him roughly $8.5 mill/year for another 4 years ($34 million). How about we split that buyout? Carolina only pays $17 million so we save $17 million over the course of Rhule's salary. For easy math say we sign him to a 7 year contract on average at $10 mill/year. That's $70 million total he would earn.

$70 (7 year contract) -$17 (how much Carolina picks up) =$53 (amount the Huskers owe him over 7 years)

$53 million divided by 7 years = $7.57 million/yr

Carolina - $17 million
Huskers - $53 million

So with that we could sign him for an average of $7.57 million/year over 7 Years. I think that is a bargain. Win, Win, Win. Carolina saves $17 million, Rhule ups his salary to $10 million/year and we get a proven winning coach for only $7.57/year which in comparison is much lower than what other B1G schools are paying proven winners. That leaves us plenty of coin for the Asst Coaches Salary Pool.

Rhule can get a job commentating on football or at the Saban Rehab School or even take time off and Carolina will be on the hook for around $40 million minus whatever he makes if coaching.

I'm gonna defer to my CPA @Jim14510 to make sure my math lines up. Thank you, I will hang up and listen
Calculate Zach Galifianakis GIF

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Didn't Pelini go to work for Youngstown making some paltry figure like $150,000/year after we shit canned him? Millions of dollars is definitely big bucks anf you know lawyers would be involved.

Let's get creative and throw this out there. Turd reaches out to Carolina and says we want to hire Matt Rhule. Carolina owes him roughly $8.5 mill/year for another 4+ years (estimated at $40 million). How about we split that buyout? Carolina only pays $20 million so both of us save $20 million over the course of Rhule's salary. For easy math say we sign him to a 7 year contract on average at $10 mill/year. That's $70 million total he would earn.

$70 (7 year contract) -$20 (how much Carolina picks up) =$50 (amount the Huskers owe him over 7 years)

$50 million divided by 7 years = $7.14 million/yr

Carolina - $20 million
Huskers - $50 million

So with that we could sign him for an average of $7.14 million/year over 7 Years. I think that is a bargain. Win, Win, Win. Carolina saves $20 million, Rhule ups his salary to $10 million/year and we get a proven winning coach for only $7.14/year which in comparison is much lower than what other B1G schools are paying proven winners. That leaves us plenty of coin for the Asst Coaches Salary Pool.

Rhule can get a job commentating on football or at the Saban Rehab School or even take time off and Carolina will be on the hook for around $40 million minus whatever he makes if coaching.

I'm gonna defer to my CPA @Jim14510 to make sure my math lines up. Thank you, I will hang up and listen
I think your math is fine but you explain it in a way that confuses me. I think I'm saying same thing just a different way.

7 years 70 million
Year:
1-4 average 5/year
5-7 average 10 mil/year

Nebraska pays 20 mil for first 4 years. Carolina pays 20 mil.
Year 5-7 Nebraska paying all 30.

I'm not sure we could get away with something that obvious but let's just say 7 years:

1. 4
2. 5
3. 6
4. 7
5. 8
6. 9
7. 10

Gross incentives for conference championships/CFP that realistically don't have a chance of happening in year 1-3 that we gladly pay in year 5, 6, 7. Carolina pays 17 mil or less if he accomplishes incentives year 1-4.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
You don't want a backloaded deal in case he sucks and you're on the hook for the buyout. Just pay him what he's worth to you and if/when the time comes that he's still your coach after his buyout train is over then pay him stupid amounts of money

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
I think your math is fine but you explain it in a way that confuses me. I think I'm saying same thing just a different way.

7 years 70 million
Year:
1-4 average 5/year
5-7 average 10 mil/year

Nebraska pays 20 mil for first 4 years. Carolina pays 20 mil.
Year 5-7 Nebraska paying all 30.

I'm not sure we could get away with something that obvious but let's just say 7 years:

1. 4
2. 5
3. 6
4. 7
5. 8
6. 9
7. 10

Gross incentives for conference championships/CFP that realistically don't have a chance of happening in year 1-3 that we gladly pay in year 5, 6, 7. Carolina pays 17 mil or less if he accomplishes incentives year 1-4.
My point was addressing the possibility that Carolina would sue us if we back loaded it too much. However the numbers work out over the 7 years is a different story. I was just going off of the total. Let's face it Matt Rhule and his family are set for life financially unless he starts acting like Kanye or the Kardashians.

cwessel76

Run The Damn Ball
Elite Member
tPB OG
Matt Campbell is basically Mike Riley of the Midwest.
  • He is 5-18 in games where the spread is less than 4
  • He is 1-7 vs Cockeye
  • His last 9 losses have been by 1 score
  • He said about not achieving his goals of winning the conference that, "winning the conference wasn't my goal." "my goal was to be the most together team in ISU history."
    • Could you imagine if Nebraska had a preseason top 10 team. A couple of preseason All Americans on it. Then we lose to Minnesota, are eliminated from the B1G west and our coach says....."well at least we were together"
If that turns you on then I don't know what to tell you.
Campbell should have left a year or two ago. He has shit the bed at this point.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
My point was addressing the possibility that Carolina would sue us if we back loaded it too much. However the numbers work out over the 7 years is a different story. I was just going off of the total. Let's face it Matt Rhule and his family are set for life financially unless he starts acting like Kanye or the Kardashians.
Yeah we keep saying the same things just explaining a little different each time. Gotta be a way to get this done.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds