Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Cam Jurgens (1 Viewer)

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
Sip put out an article and Sean commented saying it’s 50/50 whether Cam returns. He’s apparently getting some favorable draft grades.

That would fuckin suck if he left right now

dsbigred1

Wide Receiver
tPB OG
Sip put out an article and Sean commented saying it’s 50/50 whether Cam returns. He’s apparently getting some favorable draft grades.

That would fuckin suck if he left right now
It would suck. He became a helluva center this year. He's test off the charts for OL at the combine, and while I think he may benefit from another year experience, not sure how much it improves your draft stock as a center, especially considering how well he'll test.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
It would suck. He became a helluva center this year. He's test off the charts for OL at the combine, and while I think he may benefit from another year experience, not sure how much it improves your draft stock as a center, especially considering how well he'll test.
I think it makes sense for him to come back but what do I know?

dsbigred1

Wide Receiver
tPB OG
I think it makes sense for him to come back but what do I know?
I am on the fence... I just don't think you see a whole lot of draft upside as an interior OL, especially center. Even moreso considering what we know a lot of his off-season testing numbers were last year. But what do I know 😉

Last edited:

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
I am on the fence... I just don't think you see a whole lot of craft upside as an interior OL, especially center. Even moreso considering what we know a lot of his off-season testing numbers were last year. But what do I know 😉
I would say if he played offensive line or center his whole life he should probably go pro for sure, but he is still pretty raw. That is my only thinking.

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
I would say if he played offensive line or center his whole life he should probably go pro for sure, but he is still pretty raw. That is my only thinking.

If I’m being selfish, I want him back. If I were him with my history of injuries, if the advice I am getting says I’m a 3-5th round guy I probably go make my money.

I’m not sure where a center would probably be in a draft though.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
If I’m being selfish, I want him back. If I were him with my history of injuries, if the advice I am getting says I’m a 3-5th round guy I probably go make my money.

I’m not sure where a center would probably be in a draft though.
That’s very true on the injury front.

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
I was just thinking mentally to learn more about the craft he could use another year before playing against other pros that are grown ass men

dsbigred1

Wide Receiver
tPB OG
I was just thinking mentally to learn more about the craft he could use another year before playing against other pros that are grown ass men
Yea, he's going to be drafted with more weight toward his athleticism and future prospects. It would absolutely benefit him in his ability to be pro-ready to return, but he's started for 3 years, and his development is very evident. were he a tackle or maybe even a guard, I think the upside could/would be much higher for staying.

dsbigred1

Wide Receiver
tPB OG
Like the rest of the team.
True Tv Land GIF by YoungerTV

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
Yea, he's going to be drafted with more weight toward his athleticism and future prospects. It would absolutely benefit him in his ability to be pro-ready to return, but he's started for 3 years, and his development is very evident. were he a tackle or maybe even a guard, I think the upside could/would be much higher for staying.
Let’s be honest no one would blame him for declaring, but god dammit that leaves a giant hole in an already putrid o line. Don’t wanna put Frosts fate on the 2022 O Line but that’s a big issue if he’s no longer there

dsbigred1

Wide Receiver
tPB OG
Let’s be honest no one would blame him for declaring, but god dammit that leaves a giant hole in an already putrid o line. Don’t wanna put Frosts fate on the 2022 O Line but that’s a big issue if he’s no longer there
Yup. The OL would be in awful shape without him. He was covering more asses than Jockey this season.

ThomOsborneMD

NFL PICKEM CHAMP
Elite Member
tPB OG
What position do you feel comfortable putting “frost’s future” in?

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
Yup. The OL would be in awful shape without him. He was covering more asses than Jockey this season.
Maybe unless Frost actually hires some coaches who have a clue. I still think there is talent on the offensive line. I don’t have a lot of faith in Frost making great hires but maybe he will surprise us.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds