Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

CALLING MY SHOT: This game will be like 2010 Missouri (1 Viewer)

huskerj12

Wide Receiver
tPB OG
I am laying myself at the mercy of the football gods by saying this, but I just feel it in the air...

Most people remember the 2010 Missouri game as Roy Helu's record-setting 307 yard performance. I'm not predicting any record breaking performances from this year's team haha, but I do think the context and (hopefully) outcome have a lot of potential similarities...

That Missouri team was one of their best ever, and they came into that game flying high after beating #1 Oklahoma. They were 7-0 for the first time in 50 years, they were ranked #6, and they had a QB who was in the Heisman discussion. Nebraska, on the other hand, had a new QB in Martinez who had proven to be a dynamic runner but was a wildcard in the passing game.

So what did we do in the face of all that massive hype on the opposing sideline and uncertainty in our offensive direction? We punctured the hype balloon by running the motherf*ckin ball into the heart of Missouri's defense, right off the bat, and over and over and over and over all game long. We found instant success running right at them, got up immediately, made some defensive stops, and just stuck with what was working for the rest of the game. We had 47 rushes and only 12 passes. Whatever sort of momentum or hype that Missouri had going into that game, our simple offensive gameplan just didn't even allow it to materialize. We smothered it. If it wasn't for Helu's gigantic runs, it probably would've gone down as a pretty mellow little afternoon win!

I'm not going out on a limb here saying that should be our gameplan tomorrow, I think pretty much everybody has been saying that all week, but for some crazy reason I just have this feeling that it's actually going to work, and work really well. Rhule is going to reassure us that he's a different breed than the other coaches we've had recently.

31-17 Huskers over CU

GO BIG RED

ChocaEgg

Ghost of Kiev 👻
Elite Member
Feels more like 2000 OU. We may grab a lead early on and look good, only to have CU start making plays and completely take over, turning it into a laugher.

herbie tarlek

Linebacker
I am laying myself at the mercy of the football gods by saying this, but I just feel it in the air...

Most people remember the 2010 Missouri game as Roy Helu's record-setting 307 yard performance. I'm not predicting any record breaking performances from this year's team haha, but I do think the context and (hopefully) outcome have a lot of potential similarities...

That Missouri team was one of their best ever, and they came into that game flying high after beating #1 Oklahoma. They were 7-0 for the first time in 50 years, they were ranked #6, and they had a QB who was in the Heisman discussion. Nebraska, on the other hand, had a new QB in Martinez who had proven to be a dynamic runner but was a wildcard in the passing game.

So what did we do in the face of all that massive hype on the opposing sideline and uncertainty in our offensive direction? We punctured the hype balloon by running the motherf*ckin ball into the heart of Missouri's defense, right off the bat, and over and over and over and over all game long. We found instant success running right at them, got up immediately, made some defensive stops, and just stuck with what was working for the rest of the game. We had 47 rushes and only 12 passes. Whatever sort of momentum or hype that Missouri had going into that game, our simple offensive gameplan just didn't even allow it to materialize. We smothered it. If it wasn't for Helu's gigantic runs, it probably would've gone down as a pretty mellow little afternoon win!

I'm not going out on a limb here saying that should be our gameplan tomorrow, I think pretty much everybody has been saying that all week, but for some crazy reason I just have this feeling that it's actually going to work, and work really well. Rhule is going to reassure us that he's a different breed than the other coaches we've had recently.

31-17 Huskers over CU

GO BIG RED

I agree!

whoboppin

Linebacker
I honestly think Nebraska is going to have like 400-500 rushing yards this game.

Only way Nebraska loses is if it is like Rutgers in 2020 where Nebraska had 620 total yards (365 rushing) but had 2 lost fumbles, 2 Picks, and a Kickoff return for a touchdown. And Nebraska still won that game.

The simulation would have to kick into overdrive because these fools are garbage on defense.

Cornicator

Cornerback
Insider

31-17 Huskers over CU

GO BIG RED

Do we have Roy Helu, Rex Burkhead, Lavonte David, and Prince Amukamara type talents on the roster?

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds