Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Bye Tony…. (2 Viewers)

Gman1228

Linebacker
Elite Member
Ain’t no way you’re blaming Rhule if White walks for what is allegedly being offered to him per year. That’s P5 HC type money
USC is a conference peer, why wouldn’t we match any offer they make? Oh ya, we won’t because winning isn’t the goal of Nebraska football anymore. Just cashing checks, as long as we all understand that we will be good.

HughJanus

Der Viener Schlinger
Elite Member
USC is a conference peer, why wouldn’t we match any offer they make? Oh ya, we won’t because winning isn’t the goal of Nebraska football anymore. Just cashing checks, as long as we all understand that we will be good.
I kind of agree with this...
Need to put our big boy pants on. Embarrassing that our DC can leave for the same job with a conference foe because we are now the inferior program. Our two decades of suck are hitting home.

jickey moseph

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
You’d be fine with Nebraska matching that number, after he had one good season here?

Not to mention, the defense kind of struggled when the opposing QB had any sort of pulse.

Gman1228

Linebacker
Elite Member
You’d be fine with Nebraska matching that number, after he had one good season here?

Not to mention, the defense kind of struggled when the opposing QB had any sort of pulse.
Why do I give 2 fucks what we pay him? If we can overpay absolute shit coaches then why can’t we pay to keep our best coach? Again, if we can put $170m into facilities and $450m into a stadium then why in the fuck can’t we keep conference foes from poaching coaches?

This would be another, of several indicators, that the Rhule & Turd combo won’t end up winning many more games than Frost & Moos.

Gman1228

Linebacker
Elite Member
I’m sorry but if 3M is accurate, that is insanity.

Do I think he deserves to be paid >1.5M? Absolutely.
It won’t be $3m but even if it is, it’s sickening that we say no way we can match that. Yet, we spend hundreds of millions of dollars on shit that have nothing to do with winning games. We can overpay Shitterfield an overinflated salary to absolutely suck but can’t pay to keep the actual dude we have on staff?

How does anyone look at that and say oh ya, Nebraska is well on its way back to relevance. Its all a sham.

jickey moseph

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
Why do I give 2 fucks what we pay him? If we can overpay absolute shit coaches then why can’t we pay to keep our best coach? Again, if we can put $170m into facilities and $450m into a stadium then why in the fuck can’t we keep conference foes from poaching coaches?

This would be another, of several indicators, that the Rhule & Turd combo won’t end up winning many more games than Frost & Moos.
It won’t be $3m but even if it is, it’s sickening that we say no way we can match that. Yet, we spend hundreds of millions of dollars on shit that have nothing to do with winning games. We can overpay Shitterfield an overinflated salary to absolutely suck but can’t pay to keep the actual dude we have on staff?

How does anyone look at that and say oh ya, Nebraska is well on its way back to relevance. Its all a sham.
All fair.

Thanks for posting the same take over on Tater Island. You’re one helluva sunshine pumper

2010sarenevercoming

5 Star Punter
Elite Member

I'm sorry you're mad about this hypothetical situation you've created.

HughJanus

Der Viener Schlinger
Elite Member

I'm fine with that. It's year one of a rebuild with a coach you still trust. Your DC apparently did a phenomenal job bc a blue blood program is trying to poach him for the same job. If your HC wants to keep him because it's best for the team, you try to do it, if you're trying to compete on the level you claim you are.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds