Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Bye Tony…. (4 Viewers)

Pepe Silvia

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
TW deserves the majority of the credit for defensive improvements, but it wasn’t all him. Rhule is right when he says everywhere he goes they’ve had good defense, so it stands to reason they’d have improved no matter who the DC was. Rhule’s history of good defense may factor into how high he goes to retain TW.

(An aside: Historically, I’m curious if he’s always paid his OC more than his DC?)
I agree with this. one of the things OU fans hated about Lincoln was his soft practices and they blamed that for at least some of the defensive struggles

Ironwardog

Linebacker
Elite Member
I'm not as freaked about White leaving for $3m - only bc the chances of him leaving after 2 yrs was 100%. If he leaves after 1 for an astronomical sum like $3m/yr I get it.

What I AM freaked about is how many of our promising FR players is he gonna bring with him? Cam Lenhardt, Princewill, Van Poppel??

Would he try to bring a staffer like Knighton with him? That would be an absolute gut punch.

Losing White by himself - bad. But unfortunately we knew was coming. If this shakes up our D staff and/or FR stud prospects, that's gonna be a hard pill to swallow.

One thing that I take a bit of solace in is IIRC White brought ZERO with him from Syracuse. Not a single player. Not a single position coach. Not a single analyst. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong). So maybe he has a thing where he doesn't like disrupting his former team when he leaves. Would be admirable if true.
This is 100% my worry….. losing some key players and coaches. We will survive with a good defense without him. It won’t be quite as good because it’s obvious he calls a good game. Like one of the later posts said Rhule holds very physical practices. Lastly, TW could be expecting to parlay this into the eventual HC job with USC. It’s been widely rumored that Riley eventually wants to go to NFL leaving White to take over.

Alcaus

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
No No No GIF

nscottie

Running Back
Elite Member
Don’t know how to feel about this. Pissed that he ups and leaves after one year. If it was for a HC job, I would feel differently.

Worried about who follows him, player and staff wise. The fact that is happening right towards signing days is bad timing.

BusterScruggs

Bench Warmer
Tough loss, but let’s not forget the defensive improvements really started last year after Busch took over. A good DL makes defensive coordinators look like geniuses.

Sous Chef

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Chances are we will never know but I have to wonder if White was unhappy with the way we lost games and wanted no part of a future that included Scatterfield at the offensive helm. It's so Nebraska that we hang on to the turd that is Scatterfield and over pay him to the tune of $750,000 a year and Rhule seems more than happy to see White take a job at a conference foe. Rhule can put on a face that he is helping White out but I can't believe there isn't more to this story. It's also why I can't get mad at Tony. If I performed like he did and had all my hard work flushed by an untouchable moron I'd get the fuck out too.

Last edited:

nscottie

Running Back
Elite Member
Tough loss, but let’s not forget the defensive improvements really started last year after Busch took over. A good DL makes defensive coordinators look like geniuses.
Should bringing back Busch be considered? Or was that bridge burned

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds