Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

BOOMschini Apologizes for Being Racist POS (3 Viewers)

huskerj12

Wide Receiver
tPB OG
There are 2 genders: Male and Female.

Amazing that you are labeled a "fascist" if you make such an outrageous statement. I guess Dave Chappelle is a fascist.
This is an oversimplification haha. I don't pretend to know my ins and outs of Italian political history, but this new party in power pretty openly traces its history and influence back to Mussolini and still uses the symbol used by multiple fascist parties since the 40s. The "woke mob" didn't just make that up.

Imagine how pissed off our parents/grandparents (I don't know how old people are here) would be to see this crap just get brushed aside after they liberated Europe from these fools :rolleyes:

cwessel76

Run The Damn Ball
Elite Member
tPB OG
This is an oversimplification haha. I don't pretend to know my ins and outs of Italian political history, but this new party in power pretty openly traces its history and influence back to Mussolini and still uses the symbol used by multiple fascist parties since the 40s. The "woke mob" didn't just make that up.

Imagine how pissed off our parents/grandparents (I don't know how old people are here) would be to see this crap just get brushed aside after they liberated Europe from these fools :rolleyes:
My grandfather served in the Army during WWII and saw combat in Italy. He died about 15 years ago but I am 100% positive he would be fucking pissed.

Mavsker

Big Ten referee
tPB OG

Our grandparents would be pretty pissed off about a lot of things that have happened since they liberated Europe. Many on the left in America throw out the word Fascist at anything and anyone vaguely right of center and then act shocked that American conservatives roll their eyes at charges of fascism against these Italians. Boy who cried wolf, eventually words lose their meaning.

For what it's worth, *actual* fascism exists in Europe in ways that it doesn't in the United States. The US has flirted with fascism at times in its history; half of Europe has proudly swam in those waters within the lifetimes of many of their citizens. So it's mostly correct that Americans shouldn't be celebrating this, but I'm not sure the more traditional fascists are any worse than the new age fascists on the other side.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
Can anyone enlighten the thread on what he actually liked and what it actually means instead of determining if our kicker voted for Trump or not?
1. He's a redneck from Montana. He 100% voted for trump if he voted, which given that he's 22 is probably like 30% likely. So like a 30% chance I guess when you multiply them.
2. This speech thing that went viral that she gave a whole ago

cwessel76

Run The Damn Ball
Elite Member
tPB OG
1. He's a redneck from Montana. He 100% voted for trump if he voted, which given that he's 22 is probably like 30% likely. So like a 30% chance I guess when you multiply them.

Lots of straw man arguments in that video. Step 1 in the fascist playbook is always blame the nefarious “Other” who is at once both strong and weak at the same time.

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member

1. Thank you
2. Granted it's a 2 minute video and I'm sure there's a shit load more context, but what's wrong with what she said if that's what he posted?

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
As @cwessel76 said, it's just a lot of strawman-ing.
I don't know her background. I don't know Italy's historical back ground. She could have said some wild shit in other clips that I don't know about yet. But strictly from those 2 minutes right there, he shouldn't have to be apologize for agreeing with those statements in those 2. Even if someone doesn't agree with what she said, they're lying if they say they're offended by those 2 minute words.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
I don't know her background. I don't know Italy's historical back ground. She could have said some wild shit in other clips that I don't know about yet. But strictly from those 2 minutes right there, he shouldn't have to be apologize for agreeing with those statements in those 2. Even if someone doesn't agree with what she said, they're lying if they say they're offended by those 2 minute words.
Either there is context that he found out about later that he thought is objectionable, or he thought about the clip more and found it objectionable, or someone told him to say he found it objectionable, but he's punting zero fucking times this weekend as we boatrace Indiana.

All
Gas
No
Brakes

Last edited:

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
Either there is context that he found out about later that he thought is objectionable, or he thought about the clip more and found it objectionable, or someone told him to say he found it objectionable, he's punting zero fucking times this weekend as we boatrace Indiana.

All
Gas
No
Brakes
To the fuckin moon

huskerj12

Wide Receiver
tPB OG
In my opinion it seems like a classic example of why Twitter's algorithm is fucking stupid and everyone should switch their Twitter view from "Home" (Twitter shows you random crap that is supposedly related to who you follow and what you Like) to "Latest Tweets" (you only see tweets from the accounts you follow).

This hypothetical situation seems pretty realistic to me: Buschini follows some Christian-related accounts, he likes some tweets about how following Jesus would help the world, and suddenly Twitter's algorithm takes that info and pulls this tweet into his feed. So he sees a random video of a random lady giving a speech that talks about Christianity and family values, so he retweets it... Then he comes back to Twitter later and sees some replies telling him the random lady is the new prime minister of Italy whose political party has a direct connection to past fascist parties and how she has racist immigration policies and yada yada yada. Buschini had no idea he was wading into anything like that, he had no intention of promoting an Italian politician, especially one from a fascist-linked party, so he tweets out an apology, and now his replies are full of weirdos saying he bowed down to the "woke mob."

The internet is a stupid, stupid place.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Either there is context that he found out about later that he thought is objectionable, or he thought about the clip more and found it objectionable, or someone told him to say he found it objectionable, but he's punting zero fucking times this weekend as we boatrace Indiana.

All
Gas
No
Brakes
You're putting in a valiant effort to end this conversation but I don't think it's working.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds