Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Bobby Newcombe’s kid (1 Viewer)

Ironwardog

Linebacker
Elite Member
Probably not…but there should be outrage none-the-less.
There was…. It got Frost fired for crap like this. Letting legacy recruits get away without a fight. That is unless Bobby steered him completely clear of Nebraska due to his experience here (see my earlier post about Bobby being unhappy here). I choose to blame this one on Frost. He and his merry band of misfits caused a LOT of damage for the program.

1HuskerDad

Head Coach
If I remember right Bobby wasn’t real happy here after he got benched for Crouch. I thought he was throwing shade at Solich and Nebraska after he graduated? Anyone else remember that or was it someone else?
He has never had much attachment to the program after graduating. I agree.

Herbie

Quarterback
I’d be curious to see a list of all 90s early 2000s players kids who committed to Nebraska or elsewhere and how they performed.

Is clesters son the went to sdsu and now a reserve wr in the nfl the best one?

jw3

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
fwiw his older brother ended up at UCLA after Frost, being the Wile E Coyote tier Super Genius that he is decided to use his DB scholarships on *checks notes* Malik Williams and Koby Bretz instead of offering him.

if i recall from an article from that recruitment, Bobby seemed pretty positive about his time in Lincoln and was open to letting his kid go here if we offered but I don't think frost paid him much mind

Newcombe is currently a head HS corch in the Phoenix area and given the explosion of talent in that area and our current interests, maybe a guy Rhule should build a relationship with, if there are any hard feelings.

Last edited:

HuskerDocCo

100 & havin fun GBR !!
tPB OG
fwiw his older brother ended up at UCLA after Frost, being the Wile E Coyote tier Super Genius that he is decided to use his DB scholarships on *checks notes* Malik Williams and Koby Bretz instead of offering him.

if i recall from an article from that recruitment, Bobby seemed pretty positive about his time in Lincoln and was open to letting his kid go here if we offered but I don't think frost paid him much mind

Newcombe is currently a head HS corch in the Phoenix area and given the explosion of talent in that area and our current interests, maybe a guy Rhule should build a relationship with, if there are any hard feelings.
good investigatin corch jw3 . Maybe I’ll show up to some tailgates in my Husker gear and become “friends” with the parents while Nancy sits in the car with a migraine like that dipshit …oh dag nabbit it is Theopholis’ brother , can’t think of the name.

Ripping Lips

And I ain’t talking about fish
Elite Member
Didn’t Rhule already stop by and see Bobbie Newcomb when he was in AZ last year when he saw DR? Thought I saw a Twitter post about it, but could be wrong.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Ftr, Crouch won the Heisman. Good thing you weren’t QB coach.
Newcombe could have won the Heisman too. How do you know he wouldn't have?

Newcombe was a better receiver than Crouch though so probably best lineup that way.

Plus he probably would have quit unlike Newcombe.

Papa...Football

3rd Gen Teller of Bad Dad Jokes
Elite Member
Newcombe could have won the Heisman too. How do you know he wouldn't have?

Newcombe was a better receiver than Crouch though so probably best lineup that way.

Plus he probably would have quit unlike Newcombe.
Lots of probablies and could haves there, lol.

I dunno, Crouch’s catch from Stuntz against the Sooners in 2001 was pretty spectacular and he showed amazing speed. Loudest I’ve ever heard the stadium.

His speed alone would have made for a decent receiver. He might have quit though.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds