Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Bill Busch at Holy Ghost tonite.... (1 Viewer)

Boondock_St_Sker

That Dude
Elite Member
Who made the decision on the Northwestern onside kick? Did he agree with it?

Why have 3 different punt returners rotating? Why so many walk ons on special teams instead of scholarship players?
I'm sure that's the first question out of the gate...if not it'll be my first

I'll come back tonight and put in the answers

Boondock_St_Sker

That Dude
Elite Member
Busch Husker Night 2.jpgBusch Husker Night 1.jpg

It's the night of the olds again...LOTS of Busch family was there. Including his 'smokin hot wife'...she was pretty good looking

So the questions I have answers to
1. Decision for onside kick...not his according to him and was the first thing he mentioned. most of the olds got a kick out of it. Busch is a funny guy
2. 3 diff punt returners...depends on the situation is what he said. Closer to the end zone, fair catch possible, or pooch will depend on who is out there. Would be interested to see these situations BUT I don't think they've returned a punt yet have they?
3. Walk ons v scholly guys on ST...he gave me a weird look when I asked this question but said that most scholly guys are on the Punt and Punt receive teams and he used an acronym I've never heard of LGR or LTG, something like that for the KO and KR teams. Most of the walk on types would be on KO and KR teams. The P and PR teams are made up of the scholly guys and there is TOTAL buy in from the scholly guys. Also said the toughest dudes on ST are the front line guys (they have no idea who they are going to hit) the gunners, and the punt returners b/c they have to catch a ball with their heads up and have no idea if they are going to get clocked by a dude running full speed
4. Retained after HCSF loses his job...didn't get to ask that. That would have been a terd in the punch bowl. The room LOVED Bill.
5. Asked him on a side bar about Dave Aranda...he's worked with him at multiple places and is a VERY good friend to him. The follow up would have been 'are you excited to work with him next year?' but didn't get to ask that.
6. Asked about the diff in recruiting without NIL and now with NIL...he said DONU is in a really REALLY good position with NIL and the deals kids can make here. Referenced Decoldest and his Standard Heating and Air commercial.
7. On the injury front....
Decoldest will be out for a while with a knee, nothing further
Vokolek is on the upward trajectory and should be good to go by OU game. He didn't say that but inferred it
Fidone is about 6 months out...can run, cut, jump, but that is NOT anywhere he needs to be for playing time.

All I got from the Busch man.....next week is Mickey Joseph...should be interesting

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds