Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

New Commit Ben Scott N (1 Viewer)

ac husker

Safety
Elite Member
You're only looking at pass blocking. His overall grade was significantly better because his run blocking was 20 points higher for the season as an OT. His 2021 overall grade for the season would have been the highest overall season grade of anyone playing significant snaps for Nebraska since Nick Gates in 2017. It will be interesting to see where we play him. He was a center all through high school, and we need a center, but he may be the best OT we have as well - will be interesting to see where he ends up.

View attachment 18520
Good problem to have for once. Although probably a better future in NFL at center.

Boondock_St_Sker

That Dude
Elite Member
Here's what Greg Smith on Rivals posted about 15 minutes before Dweeb.

There are lots of rumors out there about Arizona State transfer offensive lineman Ben Scott committing to the Huskers. Nothing has come out from Nebraska on it but we are aware of the Facebook post by his mom.

I can also pass along that I spoke with Ben and he said:

“Yes I’ll officially post the commitment tomorrow.”

Seems like good news is coming but we’ll wait for Ben to announce it.

Sound familiar?
Read both Greg and Deans bits, Greg is the better writer.

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG

nja13

2x All-state FG/PAT holder
Elite Member
They're both sides of the same coin. I don't expect breaking news from either until they hear about it. The fact that they're always neutral kills me.
I appreciate the anti-every-other-site-but-this-one sentiment around here, but sometimes it goes a bit overboard.

They literally talked to Ben. You can’t get a better source than that. Ben said “I’ll announce my commitment tomorrow.”
They reported that, while also acknowledging the mom’s post saying he was a Husker..

And you’re complaining about them remaining “neutral”? That’s completely unfair. What are they suppose to do? Say “Even through we talked directly to Ben Scott and he said he will announce a commitment tomorrow, we figured why wait, so we are just going to go ahead and declare him committed to NU now.”

Let the kid do his thing.

Last edited:

Fargo Husker

Quarterback
Elite Member

seinfeld-kramer.gif

Napkins

Safety
Elite Member
He is listed on 247 as a 0.828 3 star after 28 starts at 2 positions with the previously mentioned PFF stats. So we can anticipate a rating recalibration, as is tradition.

Edit: to clarify his rating is currently his HS rating which obviously doesn’t reflect his ability/potential after as many quality starts as he’s had at multiple positions. Given that they have reevaluated commits for us from no-star to three-star, and given that we are in the top 10 for transfers portal rankings (probably) and top 30 for team rankings, I would anticipate them to reevaluate and recalibrate so our class rankings are not artificially lowered by his high school ranking. I just needed more caffeine to fully make that point 😂

Last edited:

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds