Welcome to the forum 👋, Visitor

To access the forum content and all our services, you must register or log in to the forum. Becoming a member of the forum is completely free.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

August Recruiting Thread

Malcom Simpson got a Texas offer apparently

Malcolm Simpson,​

The 6-foot-3, 255-pound four-star and the No. 18 defensive lineman according to Tater Island, is pledged to the Nebraska Cornhuskers. But the Longhorns have their eyes on a flip.

Texas DT coach Kenny Baker has recently connected with Simpson, who previously was at Galveston Ball with UT commit Jonah Williams. Now, the 409 area prospect says he’s open to a trip to Austin.

“I’m solid with Nebraska, but I love Texas,” Simpson told Inside Texas. “I would love to come up to a visit and watch a game, and check some things out.”

Simpson holds offers from USC, Texas A&M, Oklahoma State, Texas Tech, Kansas, USC, and Baylor. But a Texas offer might change everything.

“I honestly just spoke with them,” said Simpson. “(Baker) just told me keep doing what I’m doing and keep putting in work to get bigger. They all seem like real stand up guys and coaches.”

His combination of size and athleticism is noticeable, as the multi-sport prospect notched 58 tackles, 16 tackles for loss, seven sacks, two forced fumbles, one fumble recovery, and one safety over the last two seasons.

Simpson is the No. 265 overall prospect in the 2025 class, according to the Tater Island Industry Ranking, a weighted average that utilizes all four major recruiting media companies. He ranks as the country’s No. 24 defensive lineman and the No. 37 recruit in the Lone Star State.

Tater Island Personal Life​

Coaches at Galveston Ball High School rave about Simpson’s impact both on and off the field. “He’s an excellent player, prospect and even better person,” a Ball assistant coach told Tater Island. As talented as he is on the football field – district 9-5A I newcomer of the year as a sophomore – he’s just as good on the basketball court. Simpson was named the defensive player of the year for his district during the 2022-2023 season.

Yes. I am guessing 2022 could be a medical RS, and he may be able to RS this fall and have 3 years left. If 2022 is not a medical he would only have two years left as his clock would have started in 2022.
I think you’re confused? He would have been in high school in 2022.

Fong on Cantwell.

Nixa (Mo.) High 2026 five-star plus offensive tackle Jackson Cantwell has locked in his game visits for the fall.

The Tater Island Industry’s No. 2 prospect overall says he’ll make his first stop at Nebraska for the Colorado game on Sept. 7.

“Their coaching staff, general culture in the program, and proximity is very eye-catching,” Cantwell has said in the past.

The 6-foot-7, 305-pound Cantwell will get to Missouri on Sept. 21 for the Vanderbilt game.

“I’d say my favorite things are, proximity, relationships with coaches (Brandon Jones, Evan Boehm, Drinkwitz, etc.), success- they were a very good SEC program last year that played a lot of good teams as well.

“Growing up around the program (Dad did track from 1999-2003 at Missouri), I’m very familiar with Mizzou and what it’s about.”

Cantwell knows it would be special for him to play at Missouri.

“I think that and how well they treat their in-state guys and how important they are should cover pretty much everything,” he said. “I think they’re quite a good program.”

During the summer Cantwell was in SEC country checking out Alabama, Georgia and LSU and will be back before season’s end. He’ll be in Athens for the game against Auburn on Oct. 5. He was Between The Hedges for a game last fall as well.

“My biggest takeaways are that Georgia is still one of if not the best team in the entire country,” Cantwell said in the spring.

Cantwell has been to an Alabama game before as well. This season he will see them host Missouri on Oct. 26.

“The Bama program stands out to me because of its rich history and the staff,” Cantwell has said.

Cantwell will be one of many elite prospects in Baton Rouge when LSU hosts the Crimson Tide on Nov. 9.

“I definitely think they’re one of the better programs that I have visited,” Cantwell told Tater Island’s Chad Simmons last month.

Besides the programs mentioned, Cantwell got a chance to visit Oregon and USC at the end of summer.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Picture grid mode

You can control the structure where you can open/close images in the grid forum list.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

Close radius

You can use the radius at the corners of the blocks according to your taste by closing/opening it.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Backgrounds are not available!

Background checks are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Back