Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

August recruiting thread (2 Viewers)

HughJanus

Der Viener Schlinger
Elite Member
Grant Brix is a Chad that doesn't give a fuck. He's just trying to do some farming and will pick a school whenever the fuck he feels like it. Too polite to say anything bad about a school that has blessed him with a scholarship offer to reporters that flunked out hard enough to cover highschool sports.

N

NeAz

Linebacker
Elite Member
Hawibraska?
giphy.gif

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Gorney & Thune this morning

2. Grant Brix should get more consideration for the No. 1 offensive tackle in the class.​

Gorney’s take: FACT. I love Brandon Baker and he’s really talented so there is no problem with keeping him at No. 1 but more than most years, there isn’t an absolutely certain, clear top-ranked offensive tackle in this class.
Grant Brix could be that guy - I just wish he could get some more national exposure and competition to see how he stacks up against elite edge rushers. That’s why I really hope we can see Brix at a national event somewhere to really get the best comparison possible. Baker is beating up some elite players every week and protecting Stanford QB commit Elijah Brown. We know what he brings to the table. It’s a little harder to get an accurate read on Brix bullying kids in rural western Cockeye but there’s no doubt he’s an incredibly talented kid who might just be the best in the country.

Thune’s take: FACT. Brix is a quiet kid from a quiet small town in western Cockeye, so he’s not been subject to a ton of exposure and he hasn’t really promoted himself of his own volition. But one look at his tape and it’s easy to see why he’s risen in the most recent iteration of the Rivals100. The kid is an absolute executioner on film. At 6-foot-6 and 280 pounds, he is remarkably nimble and incredibly powerful, but what stands out most about Brix’s game is his malicious mentality. He never takes a snap off, and he indiscriminately punishes any defender who lines up opposite him. Whether or not he participates in one of the national all-star showcases this winter, I’m counting on Brix’s senior film being dominant enough to warrant five-star consideration. He’s currently approaching the end of a recruitment process that’s come down to Nebraska, Oklahoma and Kansas State.

*****​

Alcaus

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Gorney & Thune this morning

2. Grant Brix should get more consideration for the No. 1 offensive tackle in the class.​

Gorney’s take: FACT. I love Brandon Baker and he’s really talented so there is no problem with keeping him at No. 1 but more than most years, there isn’t an absolutely certain, clear top-ranked offensive tackle in this class.
Grant Brix could be that guy - I just wish he could get some more national exposure and competition to see how he stacks up against elite edge rushers. That’s why I really hope we can see Brix at a national event somewhere to really get the best comparison possible. Baker is beating up some elite players every week and protecting Stanford QB commit Elijah Brown. We know what he brings to the table. It’s a little harder to get an accurate read on Brix bullying kids in rural western Cockeye but there’s no doubt he’s an incredibly talented kid who might just be the best in the country.

Thune’s take: FACT. Brix is a quiet kid from a quiet small town in western Cockeye, so he’s not been subject to a ton of exposure and he hasn’t really promoted himself of his own volition. But one look at his tape and it’s easy to see why he’s risen in the most recent iteration of the Rivals100. The kid is an absolute executioner on film. At 6-foot-6 and 280 pounds, he is remarkably nimble and incredibly powerful, but what stands out most about Brix’s game is his malicious mentality. He never takes a snap off, and he indiscriminately punishes any defender who lines up opposite him. Whether or not he participates in one of the national all-star showcases this winter, I’m counting on Brix’s senior film being dominant enough to warrant five-star consideration. He’s currently approaching the end of a recruitment process that’s come down to Nebraska, Oklahoma and Kansas State.

*****​

Nebraska gets the #1 & #2 OT in the 2024 class

Proud Emma Stone GIF

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Sadly, Brix sounds OU bound to me. Thune is hinting Brix talked to him yesterday while Thune was on honeymoon in Hawaii, and then this story comes out today.

1692892077429.png
Thune said one other recruit was set up to call him in Hawaii and he just published that guy's commitment interview.

I hope I am wrong.

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Seems similar to the Nelson situation where the kid is just extremely nice and well-spoken to everyone who reaches out.
Just to be clear - if Thune knows Brix is committing to OU and got a commitment interview so he could be ready to publish, and Brix is waiting for his edit to be ready to drop, there is no way in hell Thune will admit Brix told him he was committing.

He has to play it dumb in those circumstances.

He can't give it away by dropping a Futurecast - he did that 2.5 months ago.

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
also, Brix doesn't seem to be talking to anyway in the recruiting media except Thune. Everyone else is saying he isn't returning calls. Thune visited him in Logan before he left on his honeymoon as well.

LNKinLNK

Bench Warmer
Elite Member
also, Brix doesn't seem to be talking to anyway in the recruiting media except Thune. Everyone else is saying he isn't returning calls. Thune visited him in Logan before he left on his honeymoon as well.
You might be right. But I believe a lot of similar smoke was coming from Thune with Nwaneri, which is why he was getting blasted on OU message boards after he committed to Mizzou. Thune has the reputation within even OU's fanbase as overly optimistic.

Also, you're right that he would have to play dumb if the commitment story was Brix, but I also feel like normal recruiting writers just go silent when they get the notice. He didn't have to respond to the post with an express denial.

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
You might be right. But I believe a lot of similar smoke was coming from Thune with Nwaneri, which is why he was getting blasted on OU message boards after he committed to Mizzou. Thune has the reputation within even OU's fanbase as overly optimistic.

there was pretty universal surprise on Nwaneri - Mizzou didn't strike anyone as a likely outcome until there was a week or less to go. But I agree Thune can be overly optimistic.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds