Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

August recruiting thread (4 Viewers)

Bootleg11

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
View attachment 26586

Confused Parks And Recreation GIF
Calabasas creeper flying into the Hawkeye state?

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Brix has an away game tonight at Mo Valley. If he is really revealing his choice today it about has to be very soon after school.

School ended at 3:30pm. Game is at 7pm
Mo Valley is like 5 min away so probably getting on the bus at 6-6:15? 6:30 hits and it ain't happening tonight.

nja13

2x All-state FG/PAT holder
Elite Member
Mo Valley is like 5 min away so probably getting on the bus at 6-6:15? 6:30 hits and it ain't happening tonight.
A visiting football team arrives at least an hour before game time, if not sooner. I'd guess they'd be out the door by 5:45 at the latest.

As much as he doens't like the spotlight, I'd be surprised if he did it before the game and stole attention from the game.
Maybe aferwards?

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
A visiting football team arrives at least an hour before game time, if not sooner. I'd guess they'd be out the door by 5:45 at the latest.

As much as he doens't like the spotlight, I'd be surprised if he did it before the game and stole attention from the game.
Maybe aferwards?
I could have swore that said 7:30 game time. Yes. 5:30-5:45

Lionsfan93

Running Back
Recruiting Analyst
Nebrasketball
tPB OG
Went to the Bell West v O North game tonight. Here are my takeaways.

1. Bellevue West is SOFT and lacks leadership. North came out strong and West never countered. They also don't seem like a Huffman coached team - very sloppy, not disciplined and the play calling was atrocious.
2. McMorris was out tonight. Talking with Dae'vonn's mom, he hurt his hamstring this summer and he can't get it right. I guess he was hurting all game last week pretty badly.
3. Danny has the tools, but still needs a lot of work too. He struggled on the lateral screen passes - he just floats it out there too much. He has the arm, no problem, but just floats that pass. He threw multiple perfect passes that went right through his WRs hands - West literally had 4 drops in a row. 3 of the 4 drops were perfect throws that had no excuses for dropping them. Dae'vonn had the 4th drop. The throw was a bit high and behind him, but he should have pulled it in.
4. Dae'vonn is electric with the ball in his hands every time...but they really don't look his way enough. He did have his first TD of the season on a nice slant route and perfect throw by Danny. But I also think he is mentally soft. I really like the kid and he is a good kid, but he seems pretty mentally soft. He went out with cramps again tonight. I sat with his mom and she said that cramps are something he has struggled with since he was in 8th grade. She has him on all sorts of electrolyte supplements through out the week, but he still cramps up. Idk what to make of it.
5. Donovan Jones flashed at times too and looked good. But he was nothing compared to Tyson Terry. I was blown away by him. He was absolutely dominant and West had no answer to his presence. He ate everything up inside and was in the backfield all night. I wasn't too excited about him before, but he was EASILY the best player on the field tonight. He seems like an absolute beast!
6. Circo out played Danny tonight and threw multiple perfect deep balls, as his WRs just flew by West's DBs. I know size has been a concern with him, but he didn't appear small to me. He looked damn good.

Edit - I didn't realize that all of Circo's deep balls were to the same kid. Champ Davis is a sophomore for North and he was burning West deep all night. Looked small, but being only a sophomore, definitely a name to watch. He had 3 TDs tonight.

Last edited:

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds